Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 5:53:38 PM EDT
i am looking to get a 6position stock for my ar...i should get a RRA but Leapers in half the price...any advice??
thanks
AD
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i am looking to get a 6position stock for my ar...i should get a RRA but Leapers in half the price...any advice??
thanks
AD

Yeah, get the Cavalry arms stock. Highest grade M4 stock I have seen. BTW I use one myself.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thumbs down on the Leapers brand.  I had a telestock tube collapse on me while tightening it into the lower.  Total POS.  Get the RRA for $70.  Good stuff.  The buffer tube is part of the heart of that weapon.  Dont cheap out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thumbs down on the Leapers brand.  I had a telestock tube collapse on me while tightening it into the lower.  Total POS.  Get the RRA for $70.  Good stuff.  The buffer tube is part of the heart of that weapon.  Dont cheap out.

listen to this man
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If Leapers stocks are cut from the same cloth as their scopes I'd definitely pass and stick with RRA.

The Rock River will cost a little more now, but you'll only cry once. The Leapers stock will probably cost you more in the long run, because once it fails you'll end up buying the RRA anyway.

Come to think of it, are the Leapers stocks the same cheap, Chinese knockoffs that were selling on eBay earlier in the year, just prior to eBay banning the sale of AR parts? If so I'd avoid them like the freaking plague. In May I helped a friend try to install one on his Bushy carbine. The buffer tube actually bent when I tried to torque it down. Considering that the bolt and carrier travel at very high speed in that tube (right next to your face) I wouldn't suggest that you cut corners.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is not a Leapers stock, but it is an example of what happened to a guy who figured he was going to save a $20 on a stock. Hey, it looked just like the $70 stock though?!!! That is, until it broke.

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAjA0cWcTL02EUni1EBa3c124fNuF2Swj1fiU*N8mD2Y*8040tIAb5pEHAQ9cP3skTtxIy2EELxuXk*LDw6PrTQ3Lqipv4xMDOqTHtrSYc/stock.jpg?dc=4675484477842796295

New-arguy, do you mind if I take that pic to demonstrate what happens when you buy substandard parts?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks for all he info!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top