Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 3:15:46 PM EDT
Hello all:
I did a search on this, but I'm still confused.

I own what I suppose is an "M4rgery"- a Match Target lower with a Colt M4 upper.

I want to be able switch out the upper with an LMT upper I have my eye on, but I do not know if it is easy to do.  I read here that MT's have different pivot pins. I checked my lower and I have a pin up front that has a screw on one end. Is this the different pin that was discussed? I've never had another AR, so I have nothing for comparision.
SO......
Can I just take off my lower (by unscrewing the lower pivot pin) and just put the LMT on using the same screw/pin?
If not, what can I do, or am I screwed (pun intended)?   how
TIA,
Alex
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The only problem with pivot pins on MTs is that they use the screw setup instead of the push pin that every other AR15 uses.  The problems with different pins are on the old Sporter rifles that use a larger pivot pin.  You would still be able to use any upper you want but would need an adapter.

As it is you can use the LMT upper without any problems, it'll just be slower to swap uppers than it would be on a lower with a regular push pin.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Hop, that was the answer I was looking for.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two Match Target lowers drilled for pushpins. Check and yours may be too. If not, I believe SAW will do it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine might be drilled for push pins even though I see a screw?
I beleive the the MT lower was bought from Rguns  and made into M4rgery.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]
yea, it appears that some MTs had the hole drilled... I wish mine was I am going to take it in for drilling one of these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top