Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 4:15:23 PM EDT
As far as 16 in. barrels are concerned, what are my choices for a recce carbine?  I like the LMT barrel, but see the SS 16 in. barrels from MSTN.  Could someone elaborate on these barrels and name some others to consider?  Pics would really help out. Also, do the SS barrels come black?  I see that there are no chome lined HBARs available.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you are an extremely good shooter, you probably will not notice a difference between any of the top few barrel manufacturers. The best are probably Oberland, Krieger, and Lilja. One notch down you have Douglas, Wilson and a few of the in-house manufacturers. Most manufacturers will use the blanks or completed barrels from one of these manufacturers or have their own in-house barrel production (BM, Colt, and Oly come to mind). I don't know off the top of my head what either LMT or MSTN are using, but you could always email LMT and ask Wes, I'm sure they'd be happy to help you.
Stainless steel obviously does not come in black. You can though coat it a number of ways. Click here to read about it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top