Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:22:46 PM EDT
If anyone is using the YHM 2pc railed handguards and the Tango Down Battle Grip railcovers, could you post or email a pic? Looking at reconfiguring my RRA and couldn't find a pic on search.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I am still waiting for my YHM guards to arrive. I have my TD panels and grip standing by. I will tag this and post pics possibly mid next week.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am still waiting for my YHM guards to arrive. I have my TD panels and grip standing by. I will tag this and post pics possibly mid next week.

Same situation here I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see my handguards
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same situation here I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see my handguards

Thanks. Look forward to seeing the pics. Looks like you are the only two going to use this set-up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it all together today. AWESOME! I will post pics asap.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one but I have the Magpul rail protectors, much better to me than the Tango down one's, only trouble I had with this rail is the Tango down verticle grip  would not fit on the rail, I had to file it down till it did, other than that it's a pretty cool hand gaurd if your not looking to float your barrel
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
well, finally here it is. Just a quick pic. I will try something a little more artsie later.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/217359.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
well, finally here it is. Just a quick pic. I will try something a little more artsie later.
www.hunt101.com/img/217359.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Glad you finally got them.

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

1) How hard to were they to install? I know they are 2pc but have heard they can be a *****.

2) The side panel showing in your pic, is that the standard size or did you have to trim it?

3) Looks like you cut some of the other panels, how hard was it?

4) How is the texture? I am wanting something with a good solid grip but not too tacky.

Thanks again,
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/217359.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Glad you finally got them.

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

1) How hard to were they to install? I know they are 2pc but have heard they can be a *****.

2) The side panel showing in your pic, is that the standard size or did you have to trim it?

3) Looks like you cut some of the other panels, how hard was it?

4) How is the texture? I am wanting something with a good solid grip but not too tacky.

Thanks again,

Quite easy to install actually.
The side panel is standard size.
I did cut the top and bottom panels, easily done just take your time.
Great texture however my support hand is always on the vert grip.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#10]
What type of scope is that on your flat top there IT557?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#11]
You will laugh, but it is a Tasco RD30 on a shortened riser block. Has worked great so far. Battery life is not the greatest.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Are YHM worth the money? I spent all my money on LMT upper/lower/crane stock,sling .
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Does that Tasco co-witness at all? And if so how well? Super, I just got my YHM hand gaurds and I love them a friend of mine has A RAS and a predator and they seem just as sturdy or more so than either of them. Brightflashlights has them for like 112.00 shipped in the E&E board and he has some of the best shipping around, I received mine in like 3 days.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#14]
It cowitnesses perfectly in the lower 25% of the lens. I really like the sight as it has a larger field of view than a aimpoint. I just wish it was made more durable. The YHM guards are the best thing going for the type and price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top