Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 9:19:23 PM EDT
I have a DK marked A1 upper with brass deflector and forward assist.
I would like to know who it was manufactured by please.
Thanks for the help.

AG.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have a Diemaco C7 upper receiver.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster I think.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
It is Diemaco or Bushy upper no doubt. These both have used "DK" markings on upper.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know Dead Kennedy's, the band, made uppers.  J/K Kind of cool of you ask me.

IDHunt

--
The Bill of Rights: Void Where Prohibited by Law

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#6]
AG,
I have one with the same profile and markings. It also has a very badly worn spray-on type finish. According to Bushmaster customer service, mine's one of their early ones.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Diemaco, Kaiser forge
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
It is NOT Diemaco or Bushmaster. I've had two (sold one) and seen two more on the EE, one from CMMG. Both of mine came with an unnamed chromemoly pencil barrels that used roll pins to secure the FSB.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It is NOT Diemaco or Bushmaster. I've had two (sold one) and seen two more on the EE, one from CMMG. Both of mine came with an unnamed chromemoly pencil barrels that used roll pins to secure the FSB.

Forgive me, but I don't understand. Why does this mean the upper could not be from one of those sources? I have an identical upper that came with a Bushmaster barrel. And grimes stated that Bushmaster said that his was an early Bushmaster upper. My understanding is that the upper markings indicate the forging producer, not necessarily the end manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Heh, no difinitive answer?
Some say Bushmaster,
Some say Diemaco,
One said neither.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think there can be a "definitive" answer.
Here is some information from www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/

All of these receivers are forged by various sources using 7075 aluminum, which is then sent to the manufacturer for final machining and fitting. The production codes listed below are used by the various manufacturers as part of their quality control procedures for their forgings. These production codes can overlap between manufacturers, and cannot be counted on as the definitive source of origin - they do however make a good guideline.

DK                                                                    Diemaco / Kaiser
FK, FS, BK, DK, EK, FK, AF, CW, AA, FS                Bushmaster

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Why would it not be Diemaco?  He is in Canada. Eh?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Paging DK-Prof, Paging DK-Prof.....question on dutch uppers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top