Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:34:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
He must love you very much, lots of kisses (Xs)
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad your customers gun runs great, epecially since he's in harms way.

My 16 didn't run for shit, and had a canted FSB. I am waiting to get a replacement from LMT.

So, YMMV.

That being said, everyone makes a lemon from time to time, and I would probably buy more
LMT stuff in the future. But, I think they have some issues that need to be sorted out, just
like BM did when they were sending out uppers with canted FSB's. They learned they should
boresight them before they went out the door. A quick and simple check that saves both
the customer and the manufacturer time and money.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He must love you very much, lots of kisses (Xs)

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Wes, I don't think that ie what people are bitching about - it's the hit and miss quality - their stuff is either great or crap with little middle ground and one enthusiastic user does not a reliable product make.  
HFG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, mine had a hiccup at round 200 or so, bone dry. I forgot the lube at home.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been more than pleased with every LMT product that I own. Every single one of them has been perfect.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have been more than pleased with every LMT product that I own. Every single one of them has been perfect.

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That makes me feel good, since I just ordered an LMT lower, upper, and enhanced bolt group.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an enhanced bolt that did over 5k rounds w/o a cleaning (added some CLP once)

I have a LMT 10.3 (10.5?) gun that is absolutely flawless and have had fired three others that work 100% as well.          

That said the guy I get stuff from is rather ruthless about test firing and sends crap back when it does not work...

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#11]

That said the guy I get stuff from  is rather ruthless about test firing and sends crap back when it does not work...

Good to know that!

However, that SHOULD be LMT's job I think. And perhaps some boresighting maybe
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Every company is going to have good and bad stuff go out. That can't be helped.

There are two things that make a company good or bad.

1) How much of their stuff that goes out is good as opposed to bad

2) Most importatly, how well does the company take care of you when you do get ahold of a bad product. Customer service is everything.

Every company can show letters of people who just love their product because it runs out of the box. Thats the easy part. The hard part is keeping customers happy when something has gone wrong. Thats the real sign of a good company

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Funny because every LMT product I've gotten (complete upper and stripped lower) has had multiple issues. I know two pieces out of the thousands they make isn't much but I'm tired of being the one getting all of their screw ups!

I will give them one more chance (only because of how everybody else raves about them) but if they screw me again, I will be done with them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Wes,

I have allways been curious about this (and I'm guessing the answer will be YES): for the uppers you build for folks (and especially the contractor types) do you perform any type of torture/reliability testing
on them?

I came across and old post from Tweak over at TF, where he advocates doing a 4 mag rapid fire dump, as a good guage of the weapons reliability. Seems like a reasonable idea.

Thanks man!

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#15]
i'm not going to say LMT sucks... but the same results can be given with other high quality AR manufactures... not just LMT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, maybe because LMT makes parts for other high quality AR manufactures.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, maybe because LMT makes parts for other high quality AR manufactures.

Barret M468, L prefix Bushmaster lowers, PWA, Preban Eagle, DSA, Lauer and I am forgetting some.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Which parts of the M468 are from LMT?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#20]
My only experience with LMT was an enhanced bolt group . It never had a FTE
but it always hammers the brass deflector to the point where some cases would hit it
and bounce up and over your head . I tried tuning it with new ejector springs , and by trimming
the spring , but it will still drop a hot case down the back of your neck every once in a while .

So it's the one I let others use when I have guest shooters . This way if it drops one in
the collar , I get to watch them do the Chicken Dance
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:28:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Which parts of the M468 are from LMT?

Upper and lower for sure, I dont know what else they build in house and what they sub out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay, got my upper back from RGA today.  A complete new unit.

No explanation from Chip as to why they replaced the entire unit. I asked him
via email a couple times, and never got a firm reply. O well, I got a replacement
at least. +1 to LMT for their service.

Took four loaded mags out in the boonies soon I wouldn't piss off any sheeple. Fired
all 4 as fast as I could. NO MALFS. Outside of the barrel had a kind of whiteish appearance
when I was done. I would assume this is normal? Also, hehehe, I didn't take the QC tag
off the FSB (on the odds that I might sell it) and the fucker melted off, and part of it
melted onto the barrel in front of the FSB. I had a bitch of a time getting it off there
once the barrel cooled on the trip home but managed to get it off with no issues.

Didn't have time to test fire for windage zero, so that's up in the air. First one
shot about 3.5-4 inches right @25 yards on mechanical zero windage.

Noted the SAME thing that I noted with upper #1: namely, with a carry handle
mounted, the front edge of the Pic rail does not look flat, it looks slightly concave.
Its VERY slight but I can see it. Why can't they machine a flat rail? The rail
on my BM is FLAT at the point. Is that
going to affect anything if I mount optics on that area of the rail?

Hrm.....at least it ran like a raped ape, and that was with a BM bolt group. If
I decide to keep it, I'm going to get a Colt M16 group and throw it in there. Funds
are kinda tight right now thou. If it zero's okay, I may very well keep it. Still
tempted to get a 6920 thou. Finish is pretty damn good, but to be honest
I don't really give a shit about that, as long as it runs good. A nice finish
isn't going to save your life, or your family's.

Just for reference I did the mag dumps with XM193.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top