Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 5:11:38 PM EDT
Put a new RRA kit in my DPMS lower. Functions as a single stage trigger! Re did the lower 4 times. Still a single stage. Anyone else have this problem and if so how'd you fix it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Happened to me after about 50 rounds.  I replaced the spring with a reduced-power spring and that seems to fix the problem, but I haven't shot it since so I don't know if it's a permanent fix.  The next set of RRA trigger I bought was from ADCO, it was tuned by White Oaks, it's much better
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else have any ideas? I emailed RRA. No reply.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a post about this awhile ago, showing what needed to be filed to bring back the two-stage. I seem to also remember RRA saying that they will fix triggers that have had this happen, so you might want to call them and see what they say. Don't bother e-mailling - they rarely answer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
use KNS pins  it helps a little
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There was a post about this awhile ago, showing what needed to be filed to bring back the two-stage. I seem to also remember RRA saying that they will fix triggers that have had this happen, so you might want to call them and see what they say. Don't bother e-mailling - they rarely answer.

My problem is that mine is now a single stage "two stage trigger" right from the get-go. And you're right about RRA not responding to emails. Nada.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Impossible.  Everyone knows that triggers with set screws will fail and triggers without set screws like the RRA unit will not.  Who are you trying to fool?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:36:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Well boys I just got an email response from RRA about the trigger. They jokingly told me to buy a RRA lower to fix the problem! At least I think it was a joke. They also told me that if I wanted to ship my lower to them they'd try to fix the problem and ship it back. Try? Ship my AR15 lower?? Ship it back to me???

Don't think I'll be buying anything from them again. Ever.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well boys I just got an email response from RRA about the trigger. They jokingly told me to buy a RRA lower to fix the problem! At least I think it was a joke. They also told me that if I wanted to ship my lower to them they'd try to fix the problem and ship it back. Try? Ship my AR15 lower?? Ship it back to me???

Don't think I'll be buying anything from them again. Ever.

Remove the trigger and send it to John Holliger at White Oak Precision.

DPMS lowers have been known to be out of spec. Not saying that is your problem, but they do seem to have some QC problems a bit more than others.

www.whiteoakprecision.com
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The two-stage to single-stage problem seems to be related to fit of the trigger. Does yours have a parkerized trigger nose or a polished one? If it has the parked one, you can get a single-stage trigger once it wears through the park. Newer triggers should be polished here so it isn't an issue but you can still see the issue if you put some kind of superlube on the trigger or if the geometry is just wrong from the factory.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a lower recvr problem to me. Trigger pin and hammer pin holes are too far apart. Take the disconnector out and file some off it's front edge were it meets the trigger housing till it makes contact with hammer. Usually they are at the other extreme " too much 2nd stage " and you can't get the hammer to fall till you file / stone the hammer..
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Impossible.  Everyone knows that triggers with set screws will fail and triggers without set screws like the RRA unit will not.  Who are you trying to fool?

Note the trigger is not 'failing'  It's just not operating as  two stage - that is a BIG difference.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#15]

(tangeant)
Usually they are at the other extreme " too much 2nd stage " and you can't get the hammer to fall till you file / stone the hammer..

This is my problem.

Squeeze hard and no hammer fall, then as I release the trigger the hammer falls. This doesn't happen all the time, but sparatically after fifty to sixty rounds.

It is a RRA set with park on all but one surface in a Mega lower. I will take advice from others here and polish the mating surfaces.

Any other ideas?

Gage
Top Top