Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 11:59:22 AM EDT
...if the group buy doesn't work out I'm going to be looking for a barrel.  Specifically a 16" midlength, no-ban config., 4150 steel, 1:9 twist, and preferably something that is not HBar, but not pencil thin either. Are the RRA barrels listed at ADCO 4150 steel or 4140?

Who else carries barrels in this conficguration?

ETA: 4150 is the lowest requirement on the list, but if I can get it I will.

ETA#2: I'd also like to know if the ADCO barrels are chambered for 5.56. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Adco sells Rock River Arms barrels.  They are 1/9 twist, 4140 steel, available with or without chrome lining and they are not .223 chambered.  I can't remember if they are a true 5.56mm or if they have the hybrid Wylde chamber but I know they'll work just fine with 5.56mm.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Adco sells Rock River Arms barrels.  They are 1/9 twist, 4140 steel, available with or without chrome lining and they are not .223 chambered.  I can't remember if they are a true 5.56mm or if they have the hybrid Wylde chamber but I know they'll work just fine with 5.56mm.

Thanks for the information.

What other midlengths are available ont eh market? Does Bushmaster sell one? I didn't see one on their website.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The barrels are 4140(like it matters) 1:9 twist, and come standard as HBAR, but they are more popular contoured under the handguard.
www.adcofirearms.com/images/lightmids.jpg

Thanks, I didn't really think the steel mattered that much, I just figured if I could get 4150 I would, but 4140 is just fine.

Those are the ones I think I was looking at on your website. I think I also saw your EE ad. I may be placing an order  with you soon in the group buy doesn't get off the ground by the end of the month!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think you'll regret it...

And I was told when I bought it that is has a true 5.56mm chamber? That's one of the two main downsides to it, no 1/7 twist and no barrel markings but neither are really major issues when you get down to it. 4150 steel would be nice too but again, not a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
How do much the RRA turned down barrels weigh????
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What other midlengths are available ont eh market? Does Bushmaster sell one? I didn't see one on their website.

RRA and Armalite are about it for regular production barrels.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top