Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 5:32:12 PM EDT
One of my relatives is having a problem with cyotes.  There's a pack of them that is roaming around and killing livestock.  The cyote den is on state land accross the road from him.  I have already spoken to the local state conservation officer about this and he has given the O.K. to exterminate them.  I am planning on shooting them from his property so we would be looking at a 225-300 yard shot depending on where they are at.  It's a downhill shot into a pretty big berm so I'm not do worried about bullet travel.  I'll be bringing one of my M16's with a 14.5" free-floated M4 barrel and AAC flash hider setup.  I'll be using a TA01NSN ACOG and also using my AAC M4-2000 suppressor.  I'll have my 16" Knight's SR25 along as well for the longer shots but was concerned on what ammo I should use for the M16.  Any good 62 grain rounds that will match up with the bullet drop on the ACOG?  I'm looking for good damage as well just so I can put the doggies down without too much trouble.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
55-60gr SP or V-Max should do the job.  If you where really daring, a 68/69gr BTHP should carry out there pretty well.

As with 223/556, shot placement will be the important thing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
55-60gr SP or V-Max should do the job.  If you where really daring, a 68/69gr BTHP should carry out there pretty well.

As with 223/556, shot placement will be the important thing.

Yea, I figured shot placement would be important.  Should I even bother with brining my M16 or just use the Stoner?  Probably going to use 168gr Fed GMM in the Stoner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top