Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:08:40 PM EDT
Here's the scenario:  I have a never-banned Colt Sporter Match HBAR.  A few years ago, I reconfigured it to an M4-ish.  So today I ordered a Mega lower and will transfer the Bushy upper, the collapsible stock and the LSO grip to the Mega and return the Colt to her former 20" glory.

Now for the question:  I have this bayonet laying in the safe and it's killing me that it doesn't fit on the Bushmaster carbine upper and the Colt is missing the lug.  So I'm thinking about punching the Colt front sight off and replacing it with a proper luggified one.  Bad idea?  Good idea?  Or should I skip the bayonet altogether because it will cause me to run around gutting people without provocation?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Just some things to consider. The FS can be a pain to take off. Also, if you get a new FS  it will most likey not align perfectly with the holes in the barrel. Is it worth the trouble? Don't know, that is for you to decide. Alternatively, you can send it off to a good smith and save the headache, but will do a little more damage to the pocketbook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top