Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 5:49:52 AM EDT
Hello everyone,
This is my first post as I'm brand new here.  
I purchased what I thought was an LEO Colt M4 carbine.  I am a Police Officer and was wondering what I have.  This is a description of what I've got:

Colt manufactured rifle.  The lower is a jet black color and the upper is more of a gray/green color.  The bolt carrier/bolt, etc. is all Colt marked-no question about the internal's origin.  But the upper has the standard AR15 carry handle (non-detatchable type).  The barrel is properly marked "C MP", then "5.56 NATO 1/7".  There is an "N" on the collapsable stock under the retract lever.  The handguard grip is an M4 "fat" type and the barrel is the lugged M4 type too (but under the handguard, the barrel is worn as in the barrel looks like it had been placed on a lathe or something because the finish is slightly worn in a circular motion along the length of the barrel).    

Okay, so what did I get a Colt CAR15 parts gun or what.  I wish I could post pics but I'm so computer illiterate that I can't.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
This site may help out: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/, check your A2 against the markings shown there. Also a true M4 Colt upper has the M4 feedramp cuts like the right shot below:

Look above the gas tube, between the M4 handguards and the front of the upper, if a real Colt there should be an M4 stamped there, that'll tell ya if it's a real Colt upper, along with the markings around the rear sight.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
www.imageshack.us/index.php

Go here and browse to your pic file and click host it.  then click on the small thumb nail pic of your picture and a new page will pop up.  right click on your picture and highlite the url address and right click and pick copy.

then come back here click the image button and paste the url address that you copied in the box that appears.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
(but under the handguard, the barrel is worn as in the barrel looks like it had been placed on a lathe or something because the finish is slightly worn in a circular motion along the length of the barrel).    

It probably was a heavy barrel that was turned so to reduce it to a light weight or govt profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top