Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 12:15:59 PM EDT
http://www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-lower.jpg

Looks like the cost of building a CMP/NM AR-15A2 Service Rifle is a lot more then just  buying one. A lot of "Bang For The Buck" can be had from the following AR Manufactuers.

All of the following is a list of companies offering CMP/NM AR-15A3 Rifles and Uppers;

Bushmaster and Compass Lake are both available though the CMP AR-15-Type Competition Rifle Purchase Program.

http://www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-upper.jpg
Civilian Marksmanship Program Bushmaster

As of today, you can only buy the Rifle in "Post-Ban" Config, but Uppers are offered in both "Pre" & "Post-Ban" Configs.

What say you folks?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I built mine for $1000.
Eagle Arms Lower $100
RRA LPK $55
RRA Buttstock $52
Jewell Trigger $100
WOA NM upper $700
total   $1007.

That was cheaper than the CMP program stuff at the time.  And it shoots far better than I can.  
I saved $100-$200, plus I learned how to put it together, how it works, and how to replace stuff if it breaks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-lower.jpg

Looks like the cost of building a CMP/NM AR-15A2 Service Rifle is a lot more then just  buying one. A lot of "Bang For The Buck" can be had from the following AR Manufactuers.

All of the following is a list of companies offering CMP/NM AR-15A3 Rifles and Uppers;

Bushmaster and Compass Lake are both available though the CMP AR-15-Type Competition Rifle Purchase Program.

www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-upper.jpg
Civilian Marksmanship Program Bushmaster

As of today, you can only buy the Rifle in "Post-Ban" Config, but Uppers are offered in both "Pre" & "Post-Ban" Configs.

What say you folks?

Bushmaster's two stage trigger is crap and you will end up replacing it in short order.

Of all those you mention, you will see far more CLE and Rock River rifles on the line than any of the others. Another company to check out is www.whiteoakarmament.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top