Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 2:07:24 PM EDT
I am building an A1 superlight barreled upper .... I had decided on the Olympic barrel for accuracy, but then I thought, this is more of a utility rifle.... maybe I should use a bushmaster chrome lined superlight barrel?  Are the Bushmaster chrome lined barrels quite accurate? Doesnt Bushmaster use slightly looser chambers for more reliability?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
First off you're looking to build a carbine with a lightweight barrel.

Do you really expect 'tack driving' accuracy?  Do you really need tack driving accuracy?

If you NEED the accuracy then look to a heavy match barrel in stainless (Oly has some reasonably priced SUM barrels).

Otherwise the Bushmaster chrome lined superlight is what you want.  It is plenty accurate, and I seriously doubt if you are a good enough shooter to notice the accuracy difference between a chrome lined Bushy and the unlined OLY (no flame but a statement of fact).

Yes the Bushmaster will be more reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top