Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 6:45:56 PM EDT
How about an addition to the big FF and railed forend tacked thread that has info on which panels will match with which rail systems? Maybe it's already been done and someone can just post a link to it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any rail panels that will not interface with all rail systems that would require rail covers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
That would make it easy, wouldn't it?

Maybe I was thinking of panels that didn't lock on right at both ends or weren't quite long enough? OK, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about - kinda sounds like it even to me LOL
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess the exception to that rule would be that the KAC covers require a recess in order to lock onto the rail.  However, I believe the great majority of rails on the market will allow the KAC to lock on to at least the last rail on eaah end.  

The exception to a rail system would probably be the Fobus.  I'm not sure if it accepts any covers at all except the ones that it comes with.  

Generally, though, high quality rail systems from YHM all the way to KAC and the other big name Gucci gear makers will allow for the various rail covers on the market.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I had some luck locking KAC rail covers on YHM rails by doing the following:  Ling up the lock tab with the last slot on the rail - using the rail on either side as a guide helped me.  Then gently pull up on the inside of the lock tab, as shown in the picture.

Other than that, I can't recall any other rail cover problems, but I'm betting there are others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top