Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 1:52:00 PM EDT
Anybody got a rough idea on the trade in value of a Post Ban- Bushy standard 20" HBAR with the A-1 hybrid upper (has the A-2 case deflector) and the ear shatterer mini Y-comp pinned on. It has fewer than 50 rounds through it. Getting ready for Sept. and found out it would be cheaper to just get a new upper assembly in standard A-2 config. than swapping out the upper rec. FSB, and turning and threading the bbl. Looking at around 300 for a non-chrome lined A-2 20" HBAR, a little higher with chrome bore. Anything I can get out of the old upper will help pay for the new one.

I sure do hope this thing is worth something. If not I may go for a .223 Saiga conversion project instead and use the Bushy as a big paper weight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Find a used preban upper on the EE.  I have seen used bushy uppers going for $300-$350 for a preban.  I found an A1 upper with a Bushy 16" barrel one time at gunshow for $225.  Just look around and don't give up.  I am sure if you put it on the EE and asked for $300 OBO you would get close.  Personally I think the upper you have would work great for a utilitarian rifle.  Just have the barrel threaded and call it good.  Bayonet lugs are over rated IMHO.

IDHunt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top