Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2004 3:12:39 PM EDT
OK, I am 99% sure the answer is "NO" but I am looking for an A3 style picatinney rail upper reciever with no forward assist or brass deflector.  Anyone know if such a thing exists?  Oh yeah, i would prefer if it was the typical chraging handle type, not a side charger just to clarify, although I would consider that an option if nothing else is available.

Thanks!

Dawg
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Larue does, sorta..

www.laruetactical.com/marketplace/servlet/Marketplaces?webEvent(ProductDetailAddPage,loadProduct)&productID=1865&scrollTop=0
(May need to just go in trhough laruetactical.com)

I know also that DPMS has a couple oddities that might work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK, I am 99% sure the answer is "NO" but I am looking for an A3 style picatinney rail upper reciever with no forward assist or brass deflector.  Anyone know if such a thing exists?  Oh yeah, i would prefer if it was the typical chraging handle type, not a side charger just to clarify, although I would consider that an option if nothing else is available.

Thanks!

Dawg

Yes.  WA-Tom sells some that look like standard A3s but with the FA bumps and brass deflector bumps milled off.

I think his website is something called Total Silence and has stuff about really cool Colt 607 rifles.

Just search for it and I think it will come up.

OK, I did it for you.

totalsilenceinc.tripod.com/

Check under products.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
dpms makes one, i think there is one for sale on the ee, "lo pro" i think its called........but it doenst have a ejec port cover either.  the vulcan carbon upper has a ft w/o f/a and eject port cover, but it does have a funky brass bump....hth
mc
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a 9mm upper that has no FA or shell deflector.  The standard 9mm ejection port door assembly and shell deflectore was installed.  It also had the hole for the 223 gas tube.  I was told it was a CMT upper but I can't be sure.  I sounds like exactly what you are looking for.  I bought it from Freedom Enterprises.  Send me an email if you want the phone number.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Most AR10 rifles don't have the FA's.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bought a 9mm upper that has no FA or shell deflector.  The standard 9mm ejection port door assembly and shell deflectore was installed.  It also had the hole for the 223 gas tube.  I was told it was a CMT upper but I can't be sure.  I sounds like exactly what you are looking for.  I bought it from Freedom Enterprises.  Send me an email if you want the phone number.

You know, the 9mm upper w/a gas hole occured to me last night.  Email inbound
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
DPMS does this:

and this:

Or, if you are looking for raised rail hight, they also do this:

Have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Fulton Armory has them.

Slash has one listed on EE.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
That is the incorrect website for WA Tom. The correct website is home.comcast.net/~luthier4/... I need to take that other website down.

Sammy

Quoted:

Yes.  WA-Tom sells some that look like standard A3s but with the FA bumps and brass deflector bumps milled off.

I think his website is something called Total Silence and has stuff about really cool Colt 607 rifles.

Just search for it and I think it will come up.

OK, I did it for you.

totalsilenceinc.tripod.com/

Check under products.

Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Problem solved. Please use the following website when contacting Total Silence Inc.
home.comcast.net/~luthier4/.

Thanx.
Sammy
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys, looks like Total Silence has exactly what I need!

Dawg
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I am happy we could help you!

Sammy

Quoted:
Thanks guys, looks like Total Silence has exactly what I need!

Dawg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top