Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 5:29:14 PM EDT
Has anyone received any version yet besides Corey with the Gen I?

Need to put something on my rifle soon, so if not the MRF, then what?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on order but haven't heard anything since Corey's thread either.  Just here patiently waiting right now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:10:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I contacted Chen/SMG Lee about buying a rifle length MRF.He says he was still waiting for them to ship.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I talked to the factory yesterday and they expect the carbine length MRFs to ship in the next 3 days or so.  The hold up was the new clamping mechanism.  Once the carbines ship, the mid length should be 2 weeks later with the rifle length 2 weeks after that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, giffmann.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
So, I'm looking at another month at least for the Rifle length MRF.  Hate to cancel an order, but I really need to get something on this rifle ASAP.  Once June hits, my range time basically turns to nothing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I am still waiting on two carbine handguards, and two mid length handguards and one rifle length handguard.  I have several customers to answer to and I feel bad I have to delay the due date week after week.  At least this is not a Shrike incident.  The MRF is coming, it just take some time to get the production version correct.  it is better to wait a bit then get something that is half ass developed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Chen, thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
.....it is better to wait a bit then get something that is half ass developed.

Couldn't agree more.  I want the MRF to be the best it can be.  The early version one I already handled was pretty awesome to say the least.   I look forward to seeing the final version.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
So, it seems that I do have the only Gen1 MRF that was shipped from Troy, huh?

223Rem -- wait for the MRF.  I expect to be impressed with the Gen2 unit, and I've just heard the details about it from Cheryl and Brett.

As it stands, you'll probably already be getting the MRF long before it's available in large quanities to the general public.  Look on the bright side.  

Corey
Top Top