Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2003 10:18:40 PM EDT
I have wanted to build a 16" A3 AR-15 for quite some time, I have finally come across a little money and I'm ready to start building. However not %100 sure what Exact Upper I want to use in my first rifle project. I've looked at Bushmaster, RRA, DPMS, but which would you suggest? I do know that I want a chrome molly, Chrome plated barrel and I'll be using A Les Baer Chrome Plated Bolt/Carrier (Ti Firing Pin).

Thanks Guys
Jerad
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Mega Gator lower and currently looking into buying a used Bushy A3 upper.  I'll let you know if I have any problems fitting them together.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not order one of these: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=139428[/url]

Bushmaster has agreed to make a special run of 16" 1:7 twist HBAR barrels if we can meet the minimum 200 barrel order.  If you order one of these you could have it turned into almost any configuration your heart desires. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Man sorry I can't help you out, I don't want a heavy barrel. I need a light barrel for a small rifle and I also don't want to send it off to get it trimmed up.

Thanks Jerad
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I am in the middle of this same build.
mega upper and lower, 16" barrel.
still waiting to get a return call or email from mega.

my choices were the post ban rock river chrome lined 16" 1:9 with fake suppressor sleave for $189
- or -
the pre ban CMMG 16" DPMS 1:7 with threaded end for $226.

Went with the DPMS from CMMG for the added versatility if heavier combat loads become common in thr future, but it will wind up being significantly more expensive.

Fake brake from KKF: $35
Grind off bayonet lug $?
install and repark front end $?

The CMMG option would be ready to go on a post ban right out of the box.

If money is your #1 priority, we are talking about somewhere in the $100 range price difference (conservatively).

good luck with your choice,
alan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top