Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 12:56:11 PM EDT
With the recent interest in colored furniture I am (as an experiment) gun-koting two KAC vertical grips, six panels of various lengths and a GI pistol grip OD green. After cleaning everything with Acetone and heating to 150 degrees I airbrushed all of the pieces and now they are baking at 300 degrees for one hour. I don't have a camera but will get one in a couple of days so I can post the results.  Over the next couple of weeks I will take this stuff out and drag it around in the woods to see how well the gunkote sticks to plastic so we shall see...

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well nothing melted to include a USGI pistol grip and a RRAs fiberlite colapsible stock I sprayed and threw in at the last second. The gunkote seems to come out even "flater" than on metal. i wonder if there is some micro outgassing of the plastic up through the gunkote in the curing process. Well we will see if the stuff sticks. The test is going to be to compare it to some alumahyded (sp?) panels. Pics to folow next week.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Throw in a frozen pizza too, I always try to conserve energy [:d]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya well in my house more gun parts see the inside of my oven than any food. My Triathlete girlfriend just rolls her eyes when she comes to visit.

I did notice one thing the Fiberlite did get slightly smaller as in no more rattle whatsoever. So all in all this has been good so far. We will see how the pistol grips wear.

IPSC_GUY sends
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top