Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 2:08:47 PM EDT
Have the tolerances of your lower opened up to unusable &/or sloppy levels?

I ask because as I understand it, the reanodizing process permanently erodes aprox. 1/1000 of an inch of the base Aluminum as part of the process.

Is your reanodized lower loose now? Do all the pins (trigger, pivot, etc...) still fit tightly? Do you detect anymore play between receiver halves than before you had it reanodized?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
NYPatriot
I had an upper and lower redone by DPMS and I could detect no difference after having it done.  They weren't perfectly tight to begin with, but not what I would call loose either.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
No noticeable change in the fit of the parts / receivers after stripping and reanodizing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I also had mine re-anodized by DPMS. No problems.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys!

Anyone else out there with a reanodized lower?

What say you???
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, sending it to DPMS to have it reanodized [b]and[/b] teflon coated would make up for whatever metal is lost in the reanodization process.  Stormbringer had both done a while back and he told me that the fit and finish were excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top