Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 5:48:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, its AR15, stripped and all that goodness. Go for it. You may have to explain the markings to an officer, but the markings dont make it an AW, they are merely required on a restricted weapon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm really just wondering how the seller would come across 9mm lowers that weren't completed.  Contract overruns or rejects?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
$250.00 or more for a glorified POST-ban lower?  I know its unique but other than that why would any one want one of these?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$250.00 or more for a glorified POST-ban lower?  I know its unique but other than that why would any one want one of these?
View Quote

It's just about going rate for a new stripped Colt postban lower and it would be cool to have a lower that says AR-15.  I believe it doesn't have the sear block either, but I could be wrong on that.  There's also some that believe LEO lowers are inspected a little more closely than civvy lowers, but who knows.  I'd like to put a little plate over the 9mm part that says Gov't Carbine Caliber 5.56.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
You pay more for the Colt part. I also would exect that this has no block.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It's pretty clear in the photos.

Colt.

Mint.

Small pin holes.

No sear block.  But the milling was modified so that it would have to be milled more to accept a sear.

Legal to own.  (In most states)

Where else are you going to get a new small pin Colt lower?  And one that actually says AR-15 on it for one, and is marked as a 9mm for another?

I wish I hadn't spent my toy fund recently or I'd nail it.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Combat_Jack...
Yep, its AR15, stripped and all that goodness. Go for it. You may have to explain the markings to an officer, but the markings don’t make it an AW...
View Quote

Are you sure about that Jack?  Isn't the "AR-15" banned by name (the answer is YES).

So... I'm not so sure that this lower is civilian legal, regardless of how the rifle is ultimately configured.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Combat_Jack...
Yep, its AR15, stripped and all that goodness. Go for it. You may have to explain the markings to an officer, but the markings don’t make it an AW...
View Quote

Are you sure about that Jack?  Isn't the "AR-15" banned by name (the answer is YES).

So... I'm not so sure that this lower is civilian legal, regardless of how it is configured.

View Quote

I'm thinking that it may fall under the same category as a preban lower that was not assembled prior to the ban making it a postban.  It is still legal to own such lowers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Bradd_D, it is my understanding of the "law" that if the lower is roll marked "AR-15" & it was manufactured after Sept. 13, 1994 it is considered an illegal "assault weapon" (regardless of how it is configured) UNLESS it is owned & used for official LE / Govt. use.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top