Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 5:08:22 AM EDT
What year did they switch to the small mounting hole.  I have someone telling me they have a pre-ban large hole colt upper made in the late 90's for sale.    
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What year did they switch to the small mounting hole.  I have someone telling me they have a pre-ban large hole colt upper made in the late 90's for sale.    
View Quote

If it was made in the late '90's, it is not a preban.  The AWB was signed into law in 9/94.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If it was made in the late '90's, it is not a preban.  The AWB was signed into law in 9/94.
View Quote

Upper receivers with pre ban features are still being made to this day and have been since the AWB of 1994. There is no law against making them. As long as they are placed on a pre ban lower, it is perfectly legal.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok thanks. I was aware of prebans still being made.  I thought the large hole was not.  Thanks for information!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok thanks. I was aware of prebans still being made.  I thought the large hole was not.  Thanks for information!
View Quote

I was just testifying to the fact that pre bans are still being made, not that this upper in particular was made in the late 90's. In fact, I would think it not probable due to it being a large hole. Most of the large holes were made up through the early 90's, if then. But then again, it is a Colt and Colt makes different size pins with no rhyme or reason to it. Still, I doubt it was made much later than 92 or 93, but that is just a guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top