Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 12:27:49 PM EDT
I need to mount my Harris bipod on my new FIRSH.  What (in your opinion) is the best adaptor to do this?  There are a few out there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Knight's #98060 Bipod adapter:

[img]http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/kac_98060.jpg[/img]

It's very solid and not much more than the cheaper plastic [cough]Fobus[/cough] alternatives.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I use Knight's #98060 Bipod adapter:

[url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/kac_98060.jpg[/url]

It's very solid and not much more than the cheaper plastic [cough]Fobus[/cough] alternatives.
View Quote

Nice!  Where is a good place to get one?  I can't seem to find it at my favorite store, ADCO firearms.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Either that or the new ARMS bipod adapter. Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] will have either if either are to be had.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
One for sale on the EE, can't remember who though

Mark
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Either that or the new ARMS bipod adapter. Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] will have either if either are to be had.
View Quote

I really like the ARMS throw lever design.  Quick on and off.  I have the ARMS #22 rings for my scope.  Quite a bit more than the Knights but way kewl.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the ARMS #32 bipod adapter looks awesome.  I was very close to buying one, but then I remembered that my #22M68 aimpoint mount was too loose on the top rail of my FIRSH to use!  I'm afraid that I would have the same problem with the #32.  The FIRSHes work fine with anything that uses standard cross-bolts, but the throw lever mount really needs a picatinny rail; I don't think the FIRSH is quite up to spec.

Edited to add:  I had the same problem when I tested my #19 ACOG mount on the FIRSH rail, so I don't think this was just a loose ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I used the KAC adapter on my FIRSH for a while and the fit was perfect.

I think I bought mine from Fulton Armory.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mark
View Quote

That was me [bounce].  I have a NIB (still in sealed factory bag) KAC Bipod Adaptor (that I got from MSTN) for sale - $30, on the EE Board.  I paid $36+shipping for it, will sell it for $30 SHIPPED!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark
View Quote

That was me [bounce].  I have a NIB (still in sealed factory bag) KAC Bipod Adaptor (that I got from MSTN) for sale - $30, on the EE Board.  I paid $36+shipping for it, will sell it for $30 SHIPPED!
View Quote

That EE is hard to find things on.  I did a search for the word BIPOD (before seeing your post here) and didn't find your posting.  Went ahead and ordered from MSTN yesterday and it got here today already.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
No problem, you probably would not have saved more than a few bucks.  I changed my ad and now it's up for sale on the accessories and misc.  Still for sale at $30, and free shipping only to active Armed Forces, our boys need all the breaks they can get on equipment.  I just scored a rail forend, I might have to end up keeping it anyways.

Enjoy your unit, they are very well made!

Edited to say, My unit is sold now, and I got to sell it to an active duty Marine in Iraq - cool!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Olympic has for sale a bipid mount with stud $35.00

[image]http://www.olyarms.com/images/bpm1.jpg[/image]

mark
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Olympic has for sale a bipid mount with stud $35.00
mark
View Quote

Thanks Mark.  I ended up going with the Knight's #98060 Bipod adapter.

[img]http://members.cox.net/daphotoguy/DPMS_V.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW, I just got my ARMS #32 throw-lever harris bipod adapter from Steve @ ADCO, and it does work on all my FIRSHes.  It is not tight enough that I would trust it for optics, but I think it is fine for a bipod.  The Knight's adapter is probably better for use on a single gun, but I swap the bipod between 4 ARs, so I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FWIW, I just got my ARMS #32 throw-lever harris bipod adapter from Steve @ ADCO, and it does work on all my FIRSHes.  It is not tight enough that I would trust it for optics, but I think it is fine for a bipod.  The Knight's adapter is probably better for use on a single gun, but I swap the bipod between 4 ARs, so I'm happy with it.
View Quote

Yea, I was thinking of getting the #32.  I love the ARMS stuff but sometimes the cost doesn't justify the benifit of the throw levers.  I did get the #22 scope rings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top