Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 1:45:17 AM EDT
Which lower would you get?
Is the quality of the Colt higher than the Rock River?
I have a chance to get either.  I don't mind the slightly higher price if the Colt is better.

Your advise and opinions please.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'll tell you what. I just got myself a fresh-off-the-press RRA Tactical Entry carbinr. It is, without a doubt, the finest AR I've ever owned. The fit and finish is awesome. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with the Rock River Arms.  They are equal in quality, less expensive and use standard/mil-spec fire control pins.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I went with the Rock River tactical entry model as well. I got it over a Colt civilian M4 and am rather happy I did. Great fit and finish, very high quality rifle, and I just love those triggers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the other guys, if you're looking for a good shooting, usable piece.  On the other hand, there is a certain magic in the Colt name, and that may make it worth the extra bucks to you.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went with the Rock River tactical entry model as well...I just love those triggers.
View Quote

They rather nice, aren't they?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which lower would you get?
Is the quality of the Colt higher than the Rock River?
I have a chance to get either.  I don't mind the slightly higher price if the Colt is better.

Your advise and opinions please.
View Quote

I have a Colt, and I'm very happy with it. Resale will be better with teh Colt, but if that's not a difference than I wouldn't worry about it. RRA is a very good gun.

Colt has the side sling mount on the front sight, but that's probably the only difference.

Just, with the RRA, make sure you get a complete gun from RRA. Around here there are plenty of put togethors on a RRA lower, since (AFAIK) they don't mark their lowers differently.

Oh and "If it's not a Colt, it's just a Copy"
and, "Quality makes it a Colt"
:)

Edit: Whoops, you said "lower" not "rifle".
Colt individual lowers are take offs, so I would get the RRA or a DPMS in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]RRA[/b], nuff said.

(Edited to add: Buy it with the NM trigger also!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top