Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2003 2:39:18 PM EDT
Just got my RRA upper today and tried to put it on my RRA lower but it won't seat properly.  It is pushed about a millimeter to far up.  The pin holes don't line up so....  Anyone else have this problem or know what is preventing the upper to slide all the way up to the stock?  I really don't want to send it back and wait another month.  

It's the CMP flat-top.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's the CMP flat-top.
View Quote

I hope you do not plan on shooting CMP matches with this upper.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, I am aware that this is not CMP legal.  Guess they should call the "CMP type".  I saw somewhere that it may be reconsidered as a comp rifle, maybe with the carry handle added.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Pete’s the fucking MAN!!!  Told me to call him, 9:00, on a SATURDAY night!!  That's customer service.  Explained that it just needed a living lovin.  A few taps of the rubber mallet and I’m in business.  Pete is getting all of my business in the future!!  He also mentioned that he is getting priority from RRA, so his uppers will get in at a faster rate.  No RRA Troubles anymore.  Can’t wait to take this puppy to the range tomorrow and open her up.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Just making sure you knew.

Rock River has had this *false* information up for some time now and they have not pulled it even though many have told them it is not true. The CMP did review flat tops and elected not to make them legal for CMP EIC (Leg) matches. They are legal in NRA highpower matches, but it puts you in the match rifle class. I cannot tell you how many have brought this up on all of the highpower boards and asked about it and some have even bought them thinking they were CMP legal.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that you've got it together, if you open it up and close it several times, the significant resistence will go away and all you'll have is a super tight upper/lower fit.
BTW:  Their catalog, which is due to be replaced in a couple weeks, says "approval pending", which it was when the catalog came out approx 18 months ago.  If you call them, they will tell you that it was voted down the last time it came up,and that neither the flat top or post ban brakes are CMP match legal.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
>The CMP did review flat tops and elected not to make them legal for CMP EIC (Leg) matches.<

>says "approval pending", which it was when the catalog came out approx 18 months ago. If you call them, they will tell you that it was voted down the last time it came up,and that neither the flat top or post ban brakes are CMP match legal.<

Oh well, BEAT!!  Thanks for looking out though.  I got this variation because I liked the match options, even if I can't CMP comp with it.  It sure is a piece of work though.  Any idea why it was voted down??  Flat-top, so what.  Put a carry on there and it is the same as an A2.  Seems fair enough.  What's the problem?

Thanks for those that have replied.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The problem is that it has to be an A2 upper, which is still the "standard" USGI rifle even though there are A4's, A3's, etc., etc. Until the rules are changed, no dice. I would also not expect the rules to change anytime in the forseeable future.

All that aside, the detachable carry handle rear sight will not have enough elevation in it in order to shoot a full distance course back to 600 yards. You have to fool with the front sight and keeping up with that in addition to the rear sight can be a PITA.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the same thing happen to me. I went to put the RRA upper (that I got at Sable's) onto the RRA lower (that I got at Legal Transfers) and it wouldn't fit. My heart just sank to the floor and I just sat there and stared.

Then I remembered that I read where the RRA has a really, very tight fit. Well I slowly worked and eased it into position as well as a few very, very light taps with a plastic hammer.

After I finally got it all together, the next time was a snap. Wow!! What a fit!.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top