Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 6:44:46 PM EDT
I seem to recall reading some time ago on AR15.com about a one-piece spiral gas ring.  Does anyone know of or have any experience with such an animal and who makes/sells them?  I have a broken gas ring that I am assuming is causing my recent double and misfeed problems and would like to replace the standard rings with an improved version if such a thing is available.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just installed one on my Bushy that was giving me the same problem.  I'll report back after a test fire.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You're both referring to the McFarland one-piece gas ring, designed to prevent accelerated gas blow-by in the event that the gas ring spaces should become aligned. Its utility has been debated, though it seems to be a legitimate method of preventing the aformentioned event from occuring, even if it never does (or has) on your AR.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been running them in my uppers for the past yr. & half, and they function flawlessly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine from Mark Budam at Triple Break Products.

[url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/ar11b.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys - esp. Redbone.  I appreciate the info.  Order placed and magic ring on the way (along with some other cool goodies).
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've bought the McFarland rings from Olympic Arms, DPMS, and Armalite.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask DragracerArt about his experiences with McFarland rings!  They do sometimes cause more problems than they cure.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Unnecessary.

Regular gas rings work just fine.  

I don't bother spacing my gaps nicely, I just make sure they aren't directly lined up.  We've had people purposely line them up and they still work.

I've also got probably 14k on a set of rings and they are still going strong.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I've used the 3 ring type for some time now and they work flawlessly, i even suspect they have solved problems that have not occurred![;D]
Top Top