Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 9:51:56 PM EDT
I just bought a RRA m4 entry and the handguards have about a 1/16" of rotational play. I was wondering if there is way to tighten them? A couple of my friends have AR's Bushmaster's and Colt's and they don't have this problem. Is there any way to fix this and is it normal?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to put the m4 handguards on my ar....
was it a pain in the ass to get the old ones off.. do you need like a special tool to get them off???

BB
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The barrel nut teeth fit in a slot in the handguard.  Inside the slot are a couple dimples that are supposed to fit between the teeth and prevent rotation.  

Some put a small dab of silicon caulk or gasket sealer in the slot.

Handguards can be removed by hand.  I find it easier to separate the upper and lower.  I put the upper reciever on my desk with the barrel up and push down on the delta ring.  The first time will be awkward.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks

BB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top