Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 12:21:35 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of purchasing a new Armalite Carbine (with the green furniture).  I am planning to swap out the original carbine handguards with a set of aftermarket M4 style ones (probably going to purchase a set of the ones being sold by CMMG).  Just wondering if anyone knows whether the colour on the Armalite furniture will match with the green M4 handguards sold by CMMG (if not, are there any green M4 handguards currently manufactured, that will match)?  Thanks in advance.

hsld.

BTW, if anyone would like to post a pic - showing a side by side comparison of the Armalite green with a (colour) matching set of aftermarket M4 handguards, that would be great!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately color matching doesn't
work too good on the internet.

Why not consider a complete set including
m4 handguards from CavalryArms?

[url]http://www.cavalryarms.com/furniture.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Armalite carbine handguards are mid-length, not shorties. Their OD green color is slightly darker than most others.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys,

I forgot to mention that the Armalites we get up here (in Canada) are in Preban configuration (so we do have access to the shorter barrelled versions - thus the availability of the short forends).  I don't want to spend any more money than I have to - just to switch out the handguards (so for now, I'm just looking to get a set of M4's in green).  Thanks for the replies...

hsld.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info SinistralRifleman (just the assurance I was looking for)...

hsld.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top