Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 7:47:23 PM EDT
do most of u with and arms sir remove the stock front sling swivel? just wondering if i should drill out the rivet and side mount the swivel on my arms? whats your opinion and where could i get a new rivet in case i ant to put on my old hand guards
thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No gov't sling swivel needs to be drilled out. Just use a nail punch, the rivet will knock out very easily, and then just store it in the same swivel hole together as a spare assembly. Simple job.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I take them out of all the SIRs I install. At that point its just hanging there making noise. Like Jack says, just use a punch that fits in the dimpled side and pop it out with a hammer. It will come right off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top