Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 1:26:55 PM EDT
Page 1 in the new Brownells catalog; DPMS uppers, with c/h and b/c assy. Available in 16 or 20 inch length for $384 with flat top, or with the A2 sights add $13.

For a blaster,  what do you guys think??

FN in MT
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not order from DPMS directly?

Brownells has a history for jacking up prices.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If you wish to pay the absolute highest retail price around, then go to Brownells.

Having said that, there is some stuff you can get from them which works well and nothing else will do at any price. But, overall, I've found them to be one of the most expensive outlets for firearm-related products anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Uh...[rolleyes] don't think that's a bad price for a complete upper with bolt/carrier.  I believe the quoted price is a trade-discount one, so it is as reasonable as it's gonna be.

The bolt/carrier alone is worth $100.  You might be able to assemble one for a little less, but it would still be at around $350.  I'd prefer this method of getting a new upper, but you have to have the tools.

Midway is charging $414 for the same thing, according to the link (and it is out of stock as of today).
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Sableco, RRA flattop (16 or 20) $370 complete.  Choice of CAR or midlength handguards.  Got mine in less than a week.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why would you want to pay over a 100 more when someone else has it on sale. DPMS stuff is often found on sale cheaper from other places than them directly.
View Quote

Agreed. I jsut didn't tihnk about it. Have you tried CMMG? they hang out here and seem to have pretty good deals on DPMS and other stuff.

[url]www.cmmginc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
 I checked CMMG and the Brownells deal seems to be cheaper. I use Brownells as I get the LE Armorers discount and they absolutely stand behind anything they sell. Not always the case when you buy from the cheapest.

I just wanted to know if the DPMS upper's would hold up and how is the quality. I guess I should have been more specific. We seem to have gotten sidetracked with prices.

DPMS Uppers?? GOOD or BAD? Will they hold up??

FN in MT
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Frank,

I,ve got a DPMS Car15 for about 5 years now, never had any problems with it. Not like the colt and bushmasters who seem to blow up a lot more. You never read anything about that from a DPMS. Why pay more when you can have better for less.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#8]
DPMS has very good LE prices and their srevice over and above others. I have a DPMS Upper for my comp gun and I am very happy with it. SS with a free float tube an excellent upper, just an opion, we all have them

308Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top