Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 3:19:58 AM EDT
I was fondling one of my match AR's the other day and took notice of the markings on the upper (A2, near rear sight) and observed a 'keyhole' like mark(cast).  I never really cared who made it, but I recalled seeing a web site that had this kind of info.

I went to this link to see who the mfg was:
www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/

I don't see such a marking listed.

Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought a PCR-4 upper from Olympic...It has the keyhole with three dots inside on the right side in front of the rear sight.

Just my 02¢
       Tim
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
For anyone who hasn't seen it..

My upper is from a J&T Distributing kit, which makes it one of those FN contract uppers. From a thread I had read on ASSWEB(?), I believe the FNs are made by none other than Mossberg
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For anyone who hasn't seen it..

ouray.cudenver.edu/~wwwu/mark.jpg

My upper is from a J&T Distributing kit, which makes it one of those FN contract uppers. From a thread I had read on ASSWEB(?), I believe the FNs are made by none other than Mossberg

Thats it, or at least the keyhole part of it.  I'll double check mine and see if it has the 3 dots.  if not, I'll post a picture.

mine is supposed to be from J&T and with a match bbl.  I can't find any markings to verify, but the damn thing is dead on, and shoots like a dream
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two Colt uppers marked M4 with that same mark on the carry handles
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok , now  I've got a question. If these forging marks are showing up on multiple manufacturer' receivers including a Colt , what the hell makes a Colt weapon better than any other AR like many Colt owners tend to brag ?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top