Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 1:57:58 PM EDT
Instead of the accuwedge try the Armalite NM oversized pins. I replaced the stock pins on my Bushy and the fit is now rock solid.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear that the stanard RRA pins are oversized too. Are the Armalite pins bigger than the RRA ones?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 4:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
DCM,

Think you got bad info on the Rock River pins.  Just measured my RR, Bushmaster, and Colt pins.  All within a half a thousanth of each other.  RR might sell some oversized pins, but they're not using them on their out of the box stuff.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The Armalite pins are .002 larger. That doesn't sound like much, but it does make a big difference. Just replacing the loose fitting pivot pin took out the rattle on mine. I didn't replace the take down pin because I had a hard time pushing the oversized pin through. If I had the fit would be even more solid.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Any one try the JP tesion pin?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, this AR stuff is new to me. Where can you get the JP and Armalite pins?  
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The JP requires a tool to install and uninstall. I didn't see that as a desirable trait along with the price for just one. You can get the Armalite pins from armalite.com. They are $10 each, but minimum purchase is $25. You could ask around to see if you could get a used set.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
i've got the JP in my heavy barrel paper puncher....it will make yur mismatched receivers and lowers feel as tight as a bolt action rifle...it is amazing but as freedom fighter said you have to have screwdriver on one side and an allen wrench on the other side....i carry them in the stock.....Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top