Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 10:08:12 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm a casual browser threw the board. I have to keep my distance, or I'll end up selling the house and dog to get some preban goodies. :D

Anyways, I was thumbing through the October 14th issue of Shotgun news, and on page 55, they have an add from Olympic Arms, Inc. for a so called AC4 Pneumatic Recoil Buffer.
Here's the ad:
"Finally, a recoil buffer that does exactly what it is supposed to do! Reduces recoil, cuts muzzle climb for faster sight acquisition, and slows cyclic rate to greatly improve your weapons reliability! Not to mention no more annoying 'TWAN-N-N-N-G' from the buttstock! All pneumatic, no leaky valves or oils to ruin your day at the range. Feels like your shooting a whole new rifle!"
Price: 129.00 (OUch)

My question is, have you used it? Does it work? Does it hamper reliability? Does it fit in the standard A2 stock, or the telescopic style buffer tube? What about the coming Magpul stock? Is it quieter then the buffer and spring?
Do you notice any difference in controlability? How much does it slow the cyclic rate?
Anyone used one with a supressor?
Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the ad too. Sounds good. I'm curious to know how it performs, as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I spoke with Olympic Arms. Actually, Kurt. He said that it only works in A2 style stocks. At the moment, they are working on a collapsible stock version.
From another post, the individual claimed it was very smooth. Magpul said that their collapsible stock used the standard collapsible tube.
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My question is, have you used it? Does it work? Does it hamper reliability? Does it fit in the standard A2 stock, or the telescopic style buffer tube? What about the coming Magpul stock? Is it quieter then the buffer and spring?
Do you notice any difference in controlability? How much does it slow the cyclic rate?
Anyone used one with a supressor?

Yes. Yes.  My firearms worked without a problem after having it installed.  Only fits A2 currently.  It is VERY quiet.  No noise from it at all.  It slows the ROF by 10-30%, my best guess.  With usage of suppressor it was not heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top