[#4]
Finally got my mk5

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

Molyresin or bust

Molyresin, when baking, makes the house smell like a vinyl based chemical accident.

Think cheap chinese blow up pool toy smell, x20.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
@CMCctx my messenger is screwing up idk

The riser is a super solid fit, snaps into place nicely.

I tried it on my holland upper and it was a smidge to high. 1.7 rings would be tits with the recce rail and the cheek riser.

On the carbine, the irons are impossible to use....  LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Has a mini-110 look going on.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
20210119_150846 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

20210119_151008 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

20210119_152534 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

I have an aimpoint gooseneck on the way. With the cheek peice i wanna run it super high. Im thinking of running the same mount it has with the gooseneck, but im slightly worried about throwing it off zero when it gets bumped around in the back of the jeep.
The other 2 options are the carry handle t1 mount (i believe to be discontinued?) Or the t1 low mount on the carry handle pic rail. (Least favorite, unless old-school red dot)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Exact thing I was going for
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Molyresin or bust

Molyresin, when baking, makes the house smell like a vinyl based chemical accident.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

The kabobs are grateful.

Bruh if I'm anything, I'm resourceful! If anything comes up missing at my house, my wife never blames the kids. She knows there is absolutely a chance I bubba'd it for something.

I would have done the same thing. However, you need to move past rookie status and Cerakote a complete rifle in your wifes oven.

Molyresin or bust

I had to buy a new oven in 2009 after doing this.  I'm not kidding. Wife unit was beyond angry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50853919757_5a73ff228c_k.jpg20210119_150846 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50853919757_5a73ff228c_k.jpg20210119_150846 by brandon hobock, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50853923482_3922bad0d0_k.jpg20210119_151008 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50853923482_3922bad0d0_k.jpg20210119_151008 by brandon hobock, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50853930782_cdb1ff0021_k.jpg20210119_152534 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50853930782_cdb1ff0021_k.jpg20210119_152534 by brandon hobock, on Flickr

I have an aimpoint gooseneck on the way. With the cheek peice i wanna run it super high. Im thinking of running the same mount it has with the gooseneck, but im slightly worried about throwing it off zero when it gets bumped around in the back of the jeep.
The other 2 options are the carry handle t1 mount (i believe to be discontinued?) Or the t1 low mount on the carry handle pic rail. (Least favorite, unless old-school red dot)
View Quote

I doubt zero would be affected. I vote gooseneck!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

I heard mini m110

Last post before it gets coated and a Krieger from CLE. Probably gonna replace the lower with an ambi if I can get one close to retail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bbridson:

I heard mini m110

https://i.imgur.com/mU6GGGD.jpg

Last post before it gets coated and a Krieger from CLE. Probably gonna replace the lower with an ambi if I can get one close to retail.
View Quote

So sick.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Could you mod an entry stock to fit that adjustable buttpad?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Could you mod an entry stock to fit that adjustable buttpad?
View Quote

I've been thinking about that for a long time. A few companies make an adjustable buttpad for shotguns that you file/grind to fit your particular firearm. I'm sure it would work fine, but I've never been able to find out the measurement between the screw points to see if it will fit an A1/A2/entry stock
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I need to stop, I just bought a DD M4a1 rail fully knowing I have no f’in clue what I’m putting it on. I’ve got a URX II & 3.1 that both don’t have builds yet. I’m thinking Wilson combat 11.3 for the II. The 3.1 I have no clue, maybe just throw it on my old 6.8 and turn that into GWOT deer slayer. But I still need to finish and test that A2 upper with an arms 51. And I still want to order a #59, we haven’t seen one of those in here have we? So many projects
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#17]

I've been thinking about that for a long time. A few companies make an adjustable buttpad for shotguns that you file/grind to fit your particular firearm. I'm sure it would work fine, but I've never been able to find out the measurement between the screw points to see if it will fit an A1/A2/entry stock
View Quote

I just can't rationalize spending 400+ on a stock to butcher it lol it'd end up on my "holland"
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#18]
ADCO said they would have more OPS/AE Style extended A1 in stock this month and I've checked twice every single day. No dice. I could always get a few more Smith Vortex, but I'm really hoping I didn't miss out on the ADCO restock and they just haven't put them out yet.

Then I just need a flat slip ring and the bastardized OGS can be rebuilt and put back in rotation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#19]
ADCO said they would have more OPS/AE Style extended A1 in stock this month and I've checked twice every single day. No dice. I could always get a few more Smith Vortex, but I'm really hoping I didn't miss out on the ADCO restock and they just haven't put them out yet.

Then I just need a flat slip ring and the bastardized OGS can be rebuilt and put back in rotation.
View Quote

I need a collar and thread protector... and an aem5
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I don’t think you missed them.  I’ve been checking a couple of times a day as well.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]

I heard mini m110

View All Quotes

I heard mini m110

That a legit double pic gas block or a repro?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Legit from op parts. It seems like they get them in stock every other month.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Sweet. I was just surprised that someone dropped that much coin on a gb for non-KAC rifle.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Sweet. I was just surprised that someone dropped that much coin on a gb for non-KAC rifle.
View Quote

Gotta have it for the suppressor. I thought about an lpr upper but I was worried about the gas port location, muzzle threads weren't right, and the forward assist bothered me. TDP lower and KAC trigger was just cheaper than the ambi at the time.

I'm a little late to the sling train but what do you guys think of the quick cuff slings? It looks a little weird to wear.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Steve is a good dude.  I'm sure if you ask nice enough he'll hold one for you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#26]
@bigbore I don't want to bug up ADCO's email inbox with the same annoying question, so answer if you want or tell me to fuck off and wait. Are we going to see OPS/AE Style extended A1 in stock in January?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Gotta have it for the suppressor. I thought about an lpr upper but I was worried about the gas port location, muzzle threads weren't right, and the forward assist bothered me. TDP lower and KAC trigger was just cheaper than the ambi at the time.

I'm a little late to the sling train but what do you guys think of the quick cuff slings? It looks a little weird to wear.
View Quote

Wait a minute. That thing will use the M110 can? Where can I find out more about this build?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

I’ll know tomorrow morning.  Honestly, I just completely forgot about them.
View Quote

Will you have collars too?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Will you have collars too?
View Quote

You looking for an M4 AEM5 collar? I could be wrong, but I don't think those are a production item since not all barrels are the same spec. Contacting Ron with measurements would be the best bet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#31]

You looking for an M4 AEM5 collar? I could be wrong, but I don't think those are a production item since not all barrels are the same spec. Contacting Ron with measurements would be the best bet.
View Quote

I did, he told me which measurements he needed, i sent them. No response, I emailed him i think yesterday or the day before, no response. This has been since the beginning of January.

Hes got a lot going on so I'm not bashing at all. Getting suppressors out and finding someone to take over are more important than 2 m4 collars.

Im just going to get an off the shelf spr collar and have the barrels re-profiled, no worries.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#32]

I did, he told me which measurements he needed, i sent them. No response, I emailed him i think yesterday or the day before, no response. This has been since the beginning of January.

Hes got a lot going on so I'm not bashing at all. Getting suppressors out and finding someone to take over are more important than 2 m4 collars.

Im just going to get an off the shelf spr collar and have the barrels re-profiled, no worries.
View Quote

Has anyone tried the Spike's collars? Might be worth a gamble to give those at least a try
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#34]

email me in the AM.  I have a few laying around, but you'll have to go to the hardware store and buy the set screw.
View Quote

Will do! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Has anyone tried the Spike's collars? Might be worth a gamble to give those at least a try
View Quote

I wish i could find one of their tapered gas blocks...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#36]

email me in the AM.  I have a few laying around, but you'll have to go to the hardware store and buy the set screw.
View Quote

@bigbore can I email you about some, too? I'll even make it easy and let you hold onto them until the A1 ops inc are ready to ship!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#37]

I wish i could find one of their tapered gas blocks...
View Quote

out of production, virtually impossible to find nowadays
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

out of production, virtually impossible to find nowadays
View Quote

I know, sad days, but not the end of the world
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I meant These
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I meant These
View Quote

I bet those will work. Most of the spikes stuff seems to be interchangeable with AE cans. Worth a shot anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

I bet those will work. Most of the spikes stuff seems to be interchangeable with AE cans. Worth a shot anyway.
View Quote

Thanks for that! I've been thinking about grabbing one of These for my 20". Might have a few more drinks and take the leap tonight! Worth a shot when the collars are only $18/each. At worst they wind up in the parts box for something down the road.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Thats exactly what i was talking about though, so hows it look with the can and hand guard?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Email sent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#46]

@CMCctx

in stock on the site now.
View Quote

ADCO out here doing the Lord's work
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#47]

@CMCctx

in stock on the site now.
View Quote

Out of stock not even 2 hours later
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

Out of stock not even 2 hours later
View Quote

The OPS is hot
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I was really close to waiting until lunch to order. Glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
2021-01-22_09-41-09 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

This grip is weird.
I installed it earlier right after work, shouldered it actually hated it, took the family to the frog leg festival (none of them have had frog legs or gator before), came home and started doing draws from the low ready. I figured out that my usual long length of pull sucked with this set up, so i shortened it up and found the second click from the receiver was the sweet spot for me. Freaking weird, but in hindsight the vertical grip actually pulls you closer to the gun so i felt stretched out.
Can't wait to get the red dot mounted. Should be as high as if it were mounted directly on the carry handle, but on the gooseneck. Idk if thats going to work out in my favor but im going for it.
Page / 180
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top