Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 123
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

Where’d you get your hands on the Flash Hider..?? Been looking high and low for one
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Where’d you get your hands on the Flash Hider..?? Been looking high and low for one

I always buy them from adco.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

View All Quotes

EVERYTIME I check with ADCO, it’s always OOS.. Sucks they don’t have a “Notify me” button
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]

EVERYTIME I check with ADCO, it’s always OOS.. Sucks they don’t have a “Notify me” button
View All Quotes

I noticed last week they're off the website entirely. I asked Steve what was up but he didn't answer

@bigbore
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

It’s for sure staying clone from this point on, gonna get the correct optic mount and, if I’m lucky, a RULR one day...
View Quote

@Dobs031 Ha awesome.

Reminds me: is that rifle a clone of a specific gun, or a general NSW recce?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

Which flash hider?
View All Quotes

I noticed last week they're off the website entirely. I asked Steve what was up but he didn't answer

@bigbore

Which flash hider?

Aem5 mount a1 or a2
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]

You wanna start light and layers with dark. I like using fde skillcraft obliterating compound as a base and then I’ll usually use aervoe or rustoleum over the top to add the patten.
View Quote

Pretty sure you can't give NSW rattle can advice if yours isn't rattle canned. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]

@bigbore
View All Quotes

@bigbore

If you’re talking about the A1 OP/AE Flash Hider there’s 3 in stock.. well 2 now I just put in an Order
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Pretty sure you can't give NSW rattle can advice if yours isn't rattle canned. Just sayin'
View Quote

I’ve painted other stuff
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]

I’ve painted other stuff
View Quote

Just not the right stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By minion42:

@Dobs031 Ha awesome.

View Quote

I cloned this rifle...

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Just not the right stuff.
View Quote

Damnit, I know
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#13]

I cloned this rifle...

https://i.imgur.com/jHziMZF.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minion42:

@Dobs031 Ha awesome.

I cloned this rifle...

https://i.imgur.com/jHziMZF.jpg

Shits probably Japanese airsoft bro. Picture taken during their annual penis fest
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]

My friends and I have played with the flash hider mounts over the last several years and we always come to the same conclusion - they hurt accuracy.   Different guns, shooters of a known quality, when we switch from the brakes to the flash hiders the groups ALWAYS open up enough to notice.  We have done this too many times to coincidental.   Go back 15-20 yrs all the accuracy that OPS/AE came known for was when using the brakes.  I'd rather not have AE flash hider mounts, because I think they can only hurt the reputation of AE, so I rather not sell them.   I do offer an aftermarket A1 flash hider mount, so when your groups open up you can blame the 3rd party product and not the AE piece.  

If people really want, I can ask Ron to make more flash hider mounts, but you are better off without them.
View All Quotes

Aem5 mount a1 or a2

My friends and I have played with the flash hider mounts over the last several years and we always come to the same conclusion - they hurt accuracy.   Different guns, shooters of a known quality, when we switch from the brakes to the flash hiders the groups ALWAYS open up enough to notice.  We have done this too many times to coincidental.   Go back 15-20 yrs all the accuracy that OPS/AE came known for was when using the brakes.  I'd rather not have AE flash hider mounts, because I think they can only hurt the reputation of AE, so I rather not sell them.   I do offer an aftermarket A1 flash hider mount, so when your groups open up you can blame the 3rd party product and not the AE piece.  

If people really want, I can ask Ron to make more flash hider mounts, but you are better off without them.

Interesting.
Do they hurt accuracy with or without the can on?  I've only ever run them on shorties so I didn't notice a difference.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Shits probably Japanese airsoft bro. Picture taken during their annual penis fest
View Quote

Naaahhhhhh, you just talking crazy...Hahahaha
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Never shot them without the can. I definitely would not use the flash hider mount on a shorty.  That's a lot of pressure on a blast baffle that is supposed to have a brake in front of it.  The guys who run OPS cans on shorties with flash hiders turn that blast baffle from convex to concave.   AE/OPS cans were meant to be used with the brake.
View All Quotes

Interesting.
Do they hurt accuracy with or without the can on?  I've only ever run them on shorties so I didn't notice a difference.

Never shot them without the can. I definitely would not use the flash hider mount on a shorty.  That's a lot of pressure on a blast baffle that is supposed to have a brake in front of it.  The guys who run OPS cans on shorties with flash hiders turn that blast baffle from convex to concave.   AE/OPS cans were meant to be used with the brake.

Well shit.
And of course you don't have any brakes in stock LOL
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Interesting.

I’ll be mostly shooting 100yrds 95% of the time maybe 300 at most.. Would I see any significant amount with the Flash Hider..??
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#21]

Those should be along in a week or so.
View All Quotes

Well shit.
And of course you don't have any brakes in stock LOL

I just sent an email to Ron to pester him.  He never got back to me on my collar request a couple weeks ago.

As always, thanks for the great info Steve.  I love reading your input on this stuff since you've been in this game for so long.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:41:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#23]

I don't know how good of a shot you are, but I would notice.    Using a flash hider mount at 100yds you'll hit a tennis ball more often than you will hit a golf ball, where using the brake you should be hitting a golf ball every time.
View All Quotes

I’ll be mostly shooting 100yrds 95% of the time maybe 300 at most.. Would I see any significant amount with the Flash Hider..??

I don't know how good of a shot you are, but I would notice.    Using a flash hider mount at 100yds you'll hit a tennis ball more often than you will hit a golf ball, where using the brake you should be hitting a golf ball every time.

Let’s just say I AINT AT GOLF BALL Level yet.. lmao.. I once did the MOA ALL DAY Challenge I was averaging out at 1-5”-2” so I’m getting there.. I kinda want to do what SDMF_Rebel do. I think he said something about shoot it without cleaning the bore..
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Back when XM193 was $1.50 a box, we were taking cases out every weekend and making all the different OPS cans glow.   The only down side to shooting a brake on a real short 7-8" barrel is it WILL peel out the flanges on the brakes making it impossible to remove the can.   A couple cans we cut apart here, and a few I sent back to Ron to rebuild.   They never failed, but they were whooped. With at least an 11.5" barrel with a brake mounted can you will never have to worry about anything.
View All Quotes

I just sent an email to Ron to pester him.  He never got back to me on my collar request a couple weeks ago.

As always, thanks for the great info Steve.  I love reading your input on this stuff since you've been in this game for so long.

Back when XM193 was $1.50 a box, we were taking cases out every weekend and making all the different OPS cans glow.   The only down side to shooting a brake on a real short 7-8" barrel is it WILL peel out the flanges on the brakes making it impossible to remove the can.   A couple cans we cut apart here, and a few I sent back to Ron to rebuild.   They never failed, but they were whooped. With at least an 11.5" barrel with a brake mounted can you will never have to worry about anything.

Shortest I go with the aem5 is 12.5

Shoot me a message/email when you get brakes
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I would most certainly be interested in a mount @bigbore

Ron got back with me about the SuperCollsr (patent pending ) for the 20" so the dream lives on!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Hearing that about the flash hiders is disappointing. Has me reconsidering using this one on a build

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Hearing that about the flash hiders is disappointing. Has me reconsidering using this one on a build

https://i.imgur.com/r0rtHXO.jpg

View Quote

My wife's recce-ish (not a clone just a 16" w/AEM5 mount) uses the Smith Vortex version.  I'll be swapping her over to a brake when they're back in stock at Adco.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#29]

View Quote

Collars coming too I assume? Have you ever stocked his 30 cal brakes?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Send it to me. Can't have cans here anyway.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#31]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Ha, that's cool that you still have my old upper @cjwwd2

Remember, without the flash hider mount, you'll get a few less turns on the can.  The flash hider has more thread than the brake.  That's one of the tricks that made that setup work.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Collars were ordered with the brakes.

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/categories/silencers/aemb-mount-30/
View Quote

Now how have I missed that? Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Remember, without the flash hider mount, you'll get a few less turns on the can.  The flash hider has more thread than the brake.  That's one of the tricks that made that setup work.
View Quote

I'm so behind on putting all my builds together, it's crazy

I'll remember that. In reality the suppressor would still be seated at the same spot, just less thread engagement, right? Or am I not thinking correctly
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#35]

I'll remember that. In reality the suppressor would still be seated at the same spot, just less thread engagement, right? Or am I not thinking correctly
View All Quotes

You got it right.
That was a bastard setup that shouldn't have worked.  Combo of custom collar, BA fucking up the step location, and running a flash hider w/ the extended threads AND spacer from aemb mount.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#36]
What about the flash hider mount for KAC’s QDSS-NT4 can?  Does this combo degrade accuracy?  I believe they are clone correct for NSW SEAL Recce.

I’m not clone correct in other respects at this point, but the Lilja barrel and the KAC M4Q5 FH produce stunning accuracy.  Got the FH because I’m interested in the NT4.  Was planning to put one in jail until this thread.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Yes!! I still think you need another mod 1
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Two is enough lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Two is enough lol
View All Quotes

Two is enough lol

Try telling me that about Mod 0s.

Maybe it'll stick someday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Page 3 bump

She's getting there

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone have pics of optics setups on MRE sticks other than Horrigan's? Gonna play around with it a little.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Majestic AF.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally got to Zero the NSW after the D. Wilson Chop and Range finally ReOpened..

Started off Zeroing with the WOLF GOLD @100yrds

Then first Shots ( IN WHITE ) MagTech 77gr, then Black Hill 77gr, last was from the IMI Razor Core 77gr

Wolf Gold was from the MK12 Mod 1 before I finally got to changed out to a new target..
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#47]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Finally got to Zero the NSW after the D. Wilson Chop and Range finally ReOpened..

Started off Zeroing with the WOLF GOLD @100yrds
https://i.postimg.cc/NFCZpbhP/11-EEFF5-E-56-B5-49-FF-8-A12-CC21730-F6-F35.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/RVfjc7sG/8819-F69-F-7134-41-EC-9-E22-13-D9-D24-BB6-A4.jpg
Then first Shots ( IN WHITE ) MagTech 77gr, then Black Hill 77gr, last was from the IMI Razor Core 77gr
https://i.postimg.cc/05hTMWfb/C07-B5382-2512-462-F-86-AA-A2-AC278-FFAF9.jpg
Wolf Gold was from the MK12 Mod 1 before I finally got to changed out to a new target..
View Quote

Mag tech always seems to shoot better than the other two and has a substantially better vertical spread, which usually means low SD. I personally have never seen BH shoot decent. It's fast yes, but it's not always the most accurate. Always wonder why people hold it to such a high standard.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Those are some dickass groups except for the IMI.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Those are some dickass groups except for the IMI.
View Quote

Yeah I’m not a great shoot either.. lol But with the MagTech I was Zeroing in after the fact I was already on paper with the Wolf Gold.. I just never did another 10shot group with it before I swapped to the MK12 Mod 1.. Now that I somewhat got it Zeroed I’ll do an accuracy test maybe over the weekend..

@EyeKhan yeah for some reason BH 77gr never shot well with both rifles.. IMI in the other hand did WONDERS right out the box..
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Can anyone with a 16” NSW style Recce give me weights with and/or without optic and AEM5?
Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top