Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 11:28:33 PM EDT
I took my rail off last night while I was cleaning my rifle and found this mess. This is probably 800ish rounds worth of fouling. The gas block looks almost as bad. Does this seem like a lot?

The rifle runs fine with all brass cased ammo I've tried but won't reliably feed steel case, so I'm starting to wonder if the gas system is leaking more than normal and the rifle acts like it's undergassed. I typically shoot PMC bronze or American Eagle.

How do I fix it if that's the case?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Blow back at the receiver end is no issue.  The tube is inserted into the gas key on the bolt as a loose fit.  The gas either dumps in the receiver itself or escapes other places as the bolt travels back.

If you had a big leak at the gas block side I'd be somewhat more concerned.  Not too much regardless since it's a pretty high impulse system.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry bout it
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top