Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:41:42 AM EDT
I am looking for an AR trigger that can simulate the standard trigger pull of an M14 rifle.   Anyone shot any of the two stage triggers that feels like this?  I know the Mil spec is no less thant 5.5 lbs and no greater than 7.5 libs on the M14.  But I would like a two stage that is the same to use in an AR-10 rifle.
thanks
OldDirtyAR
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Geissele SSA or Geissele G2S

Their pulls will be from 4.5 to 5.0 lbs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
No offense intended at all.... but why do you want a trigger that feels like a standard M14 trigger ?

Given the differences in grips, one a traditional rifle grip and the other a pistol grip... you might be chasing your own tail.

What are your preferences in a trigger pull ? Watch this video and maybe it will help you with your choice.

At approximately 6 mins into the video is when you need to pay attention... prior to that the video is excellent , but more historical in nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#3]
No offense taken

The reason I want a trigger like a standard M14 is because that is what I am used to shooting and what I shoot best. I don't really like light triggers. I am used to a decent amount of slack to have to take up before the trigger break occurs.  I tried a rock river trigger once in a friends AR and it felt decent.

Thanks the video is very informative.

OldDirtyAR
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The SSA Geissele trigger pull is much lighter than the M1A trigger pull. The ALG (Geissele's wife's initials iirc) trigger is much closer to the M1A trigger.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Armalite National Match
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#6]
You want a 2-stage trigger with a pull on the heavier side.  Looks like the Geiselle G2S is pretty close.  It has a 4.5 lb. pull.  Primary Arms has them on sale right now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SSA Geissele trigger pull is much lighter than the M1A trigger pull. The ALG (Geissele's wife's initials iirc) trigger is much closer to the M1A trigger.
View Quote

Both the ACT and the QMT are single stage triggers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want a 2 stage with a long first stage, check out the LMT
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
The SSA is similar enough I do not have a problem transitioning back and forth.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top