Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2014 11:03:07 AM EDT
Hi I was a member that did not post much. And was away for some time while cancer had me doing non gun things. I was deleted or did not remember the log in name so guess i am new again.
Anyway i have an Old Colt SP1 carbine with one of them classic wing nutted scopes. And a Clinton era 90-91 Colt 20" H bar.
So guess saying Hi again. And if this is the wrong section mods  please move it thanks.
Going to build my first AR. Have a billet lower like the ones JoeBob sells, Lower parts kit with ACT trigger, Magpul stock ACS, Miad Grip etc.
Questions I have are:
Planing on getting an upper from Red X in 300Blk or some other lower cost one. Yes I see / read they had past problems so what other brands are in that price range?
But looks like they have their act together now so. Really do not want to start a thread as to good not good. Thanks
And sights I know you can not put plastic front sight like Mbus on the very front gas block. As it would melt. Is there any reason not to just stick them on the rail behind it?
I can see no benefit in mounting one on the gas block, What would ya mount to one? I have no plans of looking like I am waiting om Mall Ninjas to attack me.
Really did not want to get into the Magpul Pro
What would ya'll suggest? thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The further the front sight is from the rear, the more accurate the sight will be. My son built a .300 and the bbl was very expensive then.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top