AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1441 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:37:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:
In this Coast Guard pic you can see the GG&G rear sight with logo.

https://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/coast-guard/msst-lefp-hr.jpg

Another pic with what I think is a GG&G rear sight and a GG&G optic mount.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/USCG_MSRT.JPG
View Quote
Gg&g rear sights have definitely been documented a decent amount of times. Even the gg&g rail (1201) has been spotted itw a couple times.

Eta- my old colt bolt carrier almost looks like a chrome carrier.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatexoc] [#2]
Taking a 3 day class next weekend, going to be running the bottom mk18pr-ish rifle with the cqbr as back up.
I can’t exactly point out why but the mk18 has become my go to for everything.
https://ibb.co/D5h310d

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

That chop saw tho.
View Quote

Dude is literally carrying a chop saw backup.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That chop saw tho.
View Quote

yeah, carbon fiber chop-saw.  wow.  probably not Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
That chop saw tho.

Clone correct chop saw anybody?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

Clone correct chop saw anybody?
View Quote

Looks like a spray painted Husqvarna K760
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
To those of you that are hesitant to buy the auto selector because it's auto.

Using a full auto selector in a semi auto AR15:

If you have a semi auto trigger and semi auto disconnector and don't remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi safe.

If you have a full auto trigger and semi auto disconnector and don't remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi semi.

If you have a full auto trigger and full auto disconnector and don't remove the nub, it will be safe semi hammer follow. Depending on timing, this could result in multiple shots being fired. It's probably not a good idea to use this combo.

If you have any trigger and any disconnector and remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi semi.

If your AR15 doesn't have selector stops, the selector will be able to travel past safe while rotating counter clockwise and will be able to travel past auto when rotating clockwise.

Function check it after you install it. Make sure it goes from semi to safe with the bolt forward and locked to the rear.
View Quote

And if you've got a 2-stage w/ auto safety, it will be safe, semi, semi. Not exactly Mk18 related, but there's some crossover from the Mk12/Mod H crowd.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

And if you've got a 2-stage w/ auto safety, it will be safe, semi, semi. Not exactly Mk18 related, but there's some crossover from the Mk12/Mod H crowd.
View All Quotes

If you have a semi auto trigger and semi auto disconnector and don't remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi safe.

If you have a full auto trigger and semi auto disconnector and don't remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi semi.

If you have a full auto trigger and full auto disconnector and don't remove the nub, it will be safe semi hammer follow. Depending on timing, this could result in multiple shots being fired. It's probably not a good idea to use this combo.

If you have any trigger and any disconnector and remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi semi.

If your AR15 doesn't have selector stops, the selector will be able to travel past safe while rotating counter clockwise and will be able to travel past auto when rotating clockwise.

Function check it after you install it. Make sure it goes from semi to safe with the bolt forward and locked to the rear.

Yes. The SSA will function like the auto trigger, semi disconnector and the SSF will function like the auto trigger, auto disconnector. I think it's the same for the KAC ones.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's some MK18s to muddy the waters

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:16:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#12]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

Psst.. barrel too long
View Quote
Psst... peak the lower
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Psst... peak the lower
View Quote

"Muddy the waters" makes sense now
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:56:22 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Yes. The SSA will function like the auto trigger, semi disconnector and the SSF will function like the auto trigger, auto disconnector. I think it's the same for the KAC ones.

I remember a while back the Army and TACOM issued a safety bulletin regarding the safeties on M16 and M4 series. Do we need to worry about this if we have a FA ambi safety, but using them on a SA lower and trigger?
I have a semi auto lower, completed from 80%, Geissele SSA(maybe SSA-E?) trigger, and Colt cage code FA ambi safety from Brownells. It seems to fail at #3 below, but if I pull the trigger 3 times then the hammer drops on the 3rd pull. It doesn't fail at #4 though.

The TACOM function check (source):

1.    Ensure weapon is clear by observing the chamber, the bolt face, and magazine well. The weapon should always be pointed in a safe direction.[/li]
  2.   Charge the weapon, place selector lever on the safe position and pull trigger. The hammer should not drop.

3.    Move the selector lever to the semi position, then move the selector to a position between semi and auto, and squeeze the trigger. The hammer should drop when the trigger is squeezed. If the hammer does not drop when the trigger is squeezed, this is a failure. Record this information and continue to the next step.

4.    If the hammer does not drop, move the selector in either direction. If the hammer drops without squeezing the trigger, this is a failure. Record this information.

5.    Gather information recorded from failures at steps (3) and (4) and segregate the weapon for further investigation. Contact TACOM with the weapon serial number.

6.    If the weapon passes steps (3) and (4), the function check is complete.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:25:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

@USNGUNS mentioned this years back. The original Mod 0's were converted to 14.5 M4A1's
View Quote
Yup! Figured it's been awhile so I brought it back up . It's actually pretty easy to find the photos to w/ a quick google. Those were just two examples out of many.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:

I remember a while back the Army and TACOM issued a safety bulletin regarding the safeties on M16 and M4 series. Do we need to worry about this if we have a FA ambi safety, but using them on a SA lower and trigger?
I have a semi auto lower, completed from 80%, Geissele SSA(maybe SSA-E?) trigger, and Colt cage code FA ambi safety from Brownells. It seems to fail at #3 below, but if I pull the trigger 3 times then the hammer drops on the 3rd pull. It doesn't fail at #4 though.

The TACOM function check (source):

1.    Ensure weapon is clear by observing the chamber, the bolt face, and magazine well. The weapon should always be pointed in a safe direction.[/li]
  2.   Charge the weapon, place selector lever on the safe position and pull trigger. The hammer should not drop.

3.    Move the selector lever to the semi position, then move the selector to a position between semi and auto, and squeeze the trigger. The hammer should drop when the trigger is squeezed. If the hammer does not drop when the trigger is squeezed, this is a failure. Record this information and continue to the next step.

4.    If the hammer does not drop, move the selector in either direction. If the hammer drops without squeezing the trigger, this is a failure. Record this information.

5.    Gather information recorded from failures at steps (3) and (4) and segregate the weapon for further investigation. Contact TACOM with the weapon serial number.

6.    If the weapon passes steps (3) and (4), the function check is complete.

View Quote

I don't think that applies with any semi parts. However, you are using an 80% lower so you want to really ensure your selector hole and trigger pin hole are in the correct location and that your safety is working properly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#19]

That rear sight position
View All Quotes

It looks like that might be due to the stock not being extended.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#20]

@USNGUNS mentioned this years back. The original Mod 0’s were converted to 14.5 M4A1’s
View All Quotes

@USNGUNS mentioned this years back. The original Mod 0’s were converted to 14.5 M4A1’s

Yeah, I posted about it back in 2015.  If the waters are muddy again, some time in 2008 or so, Crane directed all ships to requisition M4A1 uppers and ship back the 10.3 uppers.  We retained the Aimpoints and Surefires and installed them on the new uppers.  At that time, there was no formal armorer training that covered the mounting of optics and accessories for shipboard personnel...probably why photos exist of improperly mounted gear.

Some of the old Mk18 lowers are still on ships as of 2021.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By usnguns:

Yeah, I posted about it back in 2015.  If the waters are muddy again, some time in 2008 or so, Crane directed all ships to requisition M4A1 uppers and ship back the 10.3 uppers.  We retained the Aimpoints and Surefires and installed them on the new uppers.  At that time, there was no formal armorer training that covered the mounting of optics and accessories for shipboard personnel...probably why photos exist of improperly mounted gear.

Some of the old Mk18 lowers are still on ships as of 2021.

https://i.imgur.com/ckQEQGP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8n7Mm9o.jpg
View Quote
Can you comment anything about when and why the strike through "18-1" lowers came about?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Can you comment anything about when and why the strike through "18-1" lowers came about?
View Quote

That's not related to those. The 18-1 thing is in NSW.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I was told by a NSW armorer from the west coast that they started that in 2015 before they deployed to Kuwait/Iraq where I was at during that time.  These were tracked as Mk 18 Mod 1's on property books and M4A1s were standard guns.  Again just a way to track property.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#24]
I foolishly traded my original Mk18 rail for a G Mk16 rail... Sourced another Mk18 and now we've come full circle.
Something about quad rails. Won't make that mistake again.
Eta: Done

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

That's not related to those. The 18-1 thing is in NSW.
View Quote
Tracking. Just was wondering why they went from m4a1 to 18-1
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
I foolishly traded my original Mk18 rail for a G Mk16 rail... Sourced another Mk18 and now we've come full circle.
Something about quad rails. Won't make that mistake again.
Eta: Done
https://i.imgur.com/zrdDncwh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tUYxY5E.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gNxgBVT.jpg
View Quote
Welcome back to the quad club. Just don't let it happen again. We've all had moments of weakness.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Tracking. Just was wondering why they went from m4a1 to 18-1
View Quote

Property book tracking.

CD
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#28]
Double post
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Knowing that my can has been approved has made this week go by very slow. It shouldn't take 3-4 weeks to mail a letter.

Anyhow, got bored and took the storage tubes off the vltor stock. Also swapped the afg1 out for an afg2. I think the afg1 fits my hand better. That and the lower angle feel more natural for my grip. I would like to also check out  the bcm kag at some point.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:12:54 AM EDT
[#30]
thought i would drop by and post a pic of the current way my mk18ish rifle is setup. i'll get bored with it and change it up soon. never been a big clone guy and i've had this rifle set up about 30 different ways so far. sorry if pics show up twice, i couldn't remember how to post pics here.

https://imgur.com/o2i96Sm

https://imgur.com/IJ5C4uk
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AngryPirate901:
thought i would drop by and post a pic of the current way my mk18ish rifle is setup. i'll get bored with it and change it up soon. never been a big clone guy and i've had this rifle set up about 30 different ways so far. sorry if pics show up twice, i couldn't remember how to post pics here.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:45:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AngryPirate901] [#32]

that's fine. i set my rifles up how i like them. not how a bunch of randos on the internet deem worthy. unless this is a clone-only thread, in which case, i apologize. i'm new.

https://imgur.com/o06ML8W

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#33]

that's fine. i set my rifles up how i like them. not how a bunch of randos on the internet deem worthy. unless this is a clone-only thread, in which case, i apologize. i'm new.

View Quote
It is a clone thread. Let's just say title of the thread has uhhh... seen better days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#34]
It is a clone thread. Let's just say title of the thread has uhhh... seen better days.
View Quote

Oh I see. I can delete if necessary. I'm not having any luck with the search feature. Is there a thread better suited for my pics?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Oh I see. I can delete if necessary. I'm not having any luck with the search feature. Is there a thread better suited for my pics?
View Quote
SBR Thread
Build Thread
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Not in here you dont
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By js1977:
SBR Thread
Build Thread
View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#38]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Fucking Mk18 bullies.....

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/283538/56vgaa_jpg-1915835.JPG

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Lol.
Saved for future use.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#43]

LOL!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/283538/56vgaa_jpg-1915835.JPG
I wonder if that dude has an arfcom account? Which one of you are him?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I wonder if that dude has an arfcom account? Which one of you are him?
View Quote
He's probably too embarrassed cause he gets dragged lol. He has 100% seen this thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#46]

yoink! stolen
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#47]
Some questions.

Any negatives for using the black KAC front sight (99051) vs the taupe besides aesthetics?

I have a mil issue 14.5" Colt SOCOM barrel, would the majority here advise not to chop it into a 10.3" ?

SF Closed Tine approved or nah?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
Some questions.

Any negatives for using the black KAC front sight (99051) vs the taupe besides aesthetics?

I have a mil issue 14.5" Colt SOCOM barrel, would the majority here advise not to chop it into a 10.3" ?

SF Closed Tine approved or nah?
View Quote

I don't know if the black sights were seen on 10.3"s, but they were definitely on Block IIs at certain times.

It's not clone correct to cut down a 14.5" heavy barrel with FSB but there's nothing wrong with it.

Closed tines are neat but aren't cloney. They also mess up the suppressor gap a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#49]
^Received and understood, thanks

ETA: Taupe on the way, that was way easier to find than I thought.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/283538/6715751A-002F-4BD1-B8E3-32CCFFDDADA4_jpe-1915459.JPG

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1441 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top