Surefire M952v Millennium
LaRue Tactical Padded Sling

Sent pics from phone so excuse the nonsharpness

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice stick!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
you done well weed hopper . your gonna find the 6940 is a very accurate and durable rifle . I have not had one ftf or fte shooting all kinds of ammo from cabelas brand herters , surplus ss109 , and my own reloads .  good luck and enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice stick! Im gonna suck it up one day and get a magnifier for my exps3.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It's crap. I'll give ya fitty dollas for it

Seriously though, my only comments are:

1) I prefer a lighter, smaller weapon light (e.g., TLR-1 or X-300). You'll quickly find that weight becomes a big deal when working with AR's.
2) You need a rear sight.

Otherwise, looks stellar! You did it right the first time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

1) I prefer a lighter, smaller weapon light (e.g., TLR-1 or X-300). You'll quickly find that weight becomes a big deal when working with AR's.

Thanks! On point 2, I just took off my rear sight to put on the magnifier. With the rear sight on the mag was too far up and the field of view through the magnifier was significantly less. So its a little bit of give and take I guess.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
seeing that new gen magnifier makes me want to get one for another build.  Nice looking setup you got there.
Dropped some $$ on that trigger too
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Great job! The only things I would suggest are:

1.  Adding a Battle Arms Development ambidextrous safety. It benefits both right and left-hand shooters as you can more easily engage safety on one side and semi on the other.
2. Add a nice ambi charging handle (like an AXTS/Raineir Arms Raptor). You never know when you will have to manipulate the weapon off-handed.
3. Get a quality rear BUIS (Troy, MI, Double Diamond, KAC, etc.).
4. Add a compensator like the Battlecomp 1.0. It will keep you on target better during quick strings of fire.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
You definitely got this right! Well done!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice, congrats man!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1.  Adding a Battle Arms Development ambidextrous safety. It benefits both right and left-hand shooters as you can more easily engage safety on one side and semi on the other.
2. Add a nice ambi charging handle (like an AXTS/Raineir Arms Raptor). You never know when you will have to manipulate the weapon off-handed.
4. Add a compensator like the Battlecomp 1.0. It will keep you on target better during quick strings of fire.

Thank you for the advice, I would like to get a compensator someday and had never really thought about an ambi charging handle. I will look into that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
As they'd say on my other internet home: Good Job Dave Man.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Today I held a Colt 6940 at Clydes Armory, Bogart, GA. Very Nice Rifle
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! On point 2, I just took off my rear sight to put on the magnifier. With the rear sight on the mag was too far up and the field of view through the magnifier was significantly less. So its a little bit of give and take I guess.

I think you can move the eotech and magnifier up a bit and get the rail space back for the buis. Great stick you got there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice looking rifle. I want your magnifier.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm...no zombie markings anywhere, you seem to have only added stuff you could actually use.  It does not get the mall ninja stamp of approval

Seriously though....very nice set-up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the advice, I would like to get a compensator someday and had never really thought about an ambi charging handle. I will look into that.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about a compensator, especially if it's to be used as a self-defense weapon. If you ever had to use an AR with a standard compensator indoors, say goodbye to your hearing (as well as your night vision). For SD AR's, flash hiders are almost always the best choice.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I wouldn't worry about a compensator, especially if it's to be used as a self-defense weapon. If you ever had to use an AR with a standard compensator indoors, say goodbye to your hearing (as well as your night vision). For SD AR's, flash hiders are almost always the best choice.

Excellent point, I did not think about the night vision effect. Certainly not going that route.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As they'd say on my other internet home: Good Job Dave Man.

MISC??
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Beautiful! How much was the sopmod stock( if you don't mind me askin) lookin to replace my PSA stock
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent, buis would be good. Other than that, good job.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Excellent, buis would be good. Other than that, good job.

This!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top