Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2012 8:11:29 AM EDT
Hey everyone, first post here.... First off thanks to everyone on this site for great information. Just purchased a NOVESKE 14.5" Light Carbine LP/SB and I absolutley love it... One thing that I want to upgrade on is the trigger.... This gun will be used for work (LE Swat/Tactical Operator) and I was just wondering if anyone had some insight on to what would be the best most practical trigger for CQB/Run and Gun situations?? A co-worker of mine has a Giessele trigger on his M4  but I have no idea which model..... Any help is much appreciated.... Thanks RedFox
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Geissele SSA.  This is their combat trigger, semiauto version of thier FA FCG issued to special forces.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA

This. I have the SSA and the SSA-E. I like the SSA for a cqb gun
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
There is nothing wrong with a milspec trigger, especially for your uses.  If you really feel the need to upgrade there are options that allow you to retain the reliability of the stock trigger while gaining a better feel and in some cases a lighter pull.  The Spikes battle trigger and the ALG (Bill Geissele's wifes company) ACT trigger are some good options that wont break the bank.  Find out which Geissele your friend has and put some rounds through it.  The SSA is an awesome trigger and is at least as reliable as a milspec unit.

Edit: considering your line of work I should have noted that the SFA may be an option for you if you have a select fire weapon
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Geissele SSA is the way to go. I used to think it wasn't a big deal... Til I got one myself. Best AR trigger out there if you want a combat trigger.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone.... I just spoke with my buddy and he's operating the Giessele SSA Trigger.... I did fire about 75-100 rds the other day on his rifle and loved that trigger.... Needless to say, im leaning towards the SSA
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
good choice. one can never go wrong with geissele triggers
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the Mega tactical trigger, but some people do not like adjustable triggers for the weapon format.  You can not go wrong with Geissele.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA is the way to go. I used to think it wasn't a big deal... Til I got one myself. Best AR trigger out there if you want a combat trigger.  

+1 on the SSA
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
CQB calls for light body armor, a trigger that is 100%, top quality ammo, a fighting knife to kill with, a pistol if possible, good gloves so you do not trear your hands up on some dicks face and get Hep A or B, and a strong will to live by any means.  Anything else is gravy or not really CQB.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top