Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:32:35 PM EDT
Hi i hear all this talk on barrels ? i guess if your shooting paper at 100-200 yards
is it worth it to getone of these barrels ? i live in wis real close to Krieger barrels & too bcm
i'm thinking on my lr-308 or my new bcm 16" mid gas i would like to hear what you pro think thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi i hear all this talk on barrels ? i guess if your shooting paper at 100-200 yards
is it worth it to getone of these barrels ? i live in wis real close to Krieger barrels & too bcm
i'm thinking on my lr-308 or my new bcm 16" mid gas i would like to hear what you pro think thanks

I haven't shot either but I know that Noveske is not a barrel maker. They use PacNor barrels.
Krieger is a barrel maker that uses cut rifling.
I would throw in with Krieger.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used pacnor and Kriegers.  We used way more Kriegers than pacnors if that helps.

But mostly for long range.  Paper punch for fun under 200 about any SS barrel will do fine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks wis ' bro,
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
O  ya i have a 20" s s bull barrel on my spikes tac, and that's a tack driver, but i was just looking to make the dpms lr-308 a top gun or my new bcm 5.56 i can
say much right now i have not shot either one yet just pick up both in the last week , ps my poor credit card, thank god my wife works 2 shift
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't shot either but I know that Noveske is not a barrel maker. They use PacNor barrels.

They use PacNor blanks but do all of the finishing themselves.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
O  ya i have a 20" s s bull barrel on my spikes tac, and that's a tack driver, but i was just looking to make the dpms lr-308 a top gun or my new bcm 5.56 i can
say much right now i have not shot either one yet just pick up both in the last week , ps my poor credit card, thank god my wife works 2 shift

PJM,

I'm no English major, but it's difficult to understand what you're asking.

Pac-Nor and Krieger both make great barrels, but those looking for accuracy will choose the Krieger ~90% of the time.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks I think i will go with the 18" SPR profiled Krieger SS match barrel
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good choice....You won't be disappointed!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unless you have a source, get ready for a bit of a wait.............

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd have to disagree with that statement.  Noveske does machine their barrels on PacNor equipment but that's where the similarities end.  Noveske supplies their own steel stock and their own tooling which is then used on the PacNor machines.

http://www.defensereview.com/noveske-rifleworks-n4-light-recce-carbine-john-noveske-interview-part-one/

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd have to disagree with that statement.  Noveske does machine their barrels on PacNor equipment but that's where the similarities end.  Noveske supplies their own steel stock and their own tooling which is then used on the PacNor machines.

http://www.defensereview.com/noveske-rifleworks-n4-light-recce-carbine-john-noveske-interview-part-one/

Quoted:
Quoted:

I came here to say this.

Also you'd have to be a world class shooter to be able to shoot well enough to see a difference in those two brands.

And I'd rather have a lothar walther :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll throw in a vote for Steve Satern. I have a friend who knows him and swears by his barrels, and I trust that friend's assessment. If I ever build a bolt-gun, he is who I will go with, and I hope the offer of "skip the wait" still applies––because its a long one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I had Frank White make me  an 18" SPR profiled Krieger SS match barrel for my MK12 Mod0. I also had it KG guncoated black.  Frank is a super guy, very friendly and knowledgeable. I couldn't be happier. Pics-

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top