Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:57:46 PM EDT
I just hated how the gun is front heavy.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah...that extra half ounce of gas tube is an ass kicker.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't really notice a balance difference between mine and my buddy's 16" midlengths and other 16" carbine AR's I've shot. I will say that none of them are set up exactly the same. Mine has a Magpul ACS stock and MOE handguards, his has a CTR stock and DD Omega rail. The other 16" carbines I've shot had a mix of standard M4, SOPMOD, Vltor, CAA stocks and a mixture of handguards and rails (drop in and free float).
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh, carbine / middy, it's all personal preference after a certain point. Personally, I love the middy. Pick what you like.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Que?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope! I like my carbine lengths, mids are harder and more $$$$ to get rails for. All mine shoot great!! To each his own I guess....Sully
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#8]
this weird.. why would it heavier in the front?

maybe the mid length you saw had heavier barrel then your carbine?  it should pretty much weigh the same?

but i like my carbine gas.. so i dno't see why i need middy.. but i do like longer sight radius and longer rail.  but i can do taht with my carbine gas gun
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#9]
You're definitely in the minority, Middies are great.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:14:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This doesn't make sense. You either omitting some important info, which you may or not be aware of, or you re trolling.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:23:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't make sense. You either omitting some important info, which you may or not be aware of, or you re trolling.

I think he's trying to say that the extra weight of the longer gas tube and hand guard make it "front heavy".  That was one of the reasons someone gave for not liking mid-lengths...it was in one of the three carbine-vs-middy threads last week.

To the OP - If that constitutes front-heavy, you'd probably shit a brick if you picked up an M4 with a tactical light and a PEQ-whatever laser mounted to the rail.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Haters gotta hate something, now you found something...
Hate whatever you want, no matter how dumb that hate is..,
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:38:00 AM EDT
[#13]
If I could only own one it would be mid-length.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
we're not doing this again
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top