Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:01:34 PM EDT
Friend at work wanted an ar15, so he trades another rifle (garand) for an AR15.  Brings rifle in.  Its a fixed stock bushmaster marked lower, with a mystery upper and parts.

He was told the upper was Colt.  The upper has no markings, but is a fixed carry handle upper with A1 sights and A2 brass deflector and A2 style forward assist.  The carry handle is slick and does not have the indention on each side of the rear of the carry handle above the cut out for the charging handle.  The barrel is marked "CM P Chromed Lined" with no other visible markings/stampings on barrel and appears to be A1 barrel with A2 flash hider.  Front sight is marked only with a "C" and has forging marks.  The handguards are A2 style, but the front barrel is actually set up for triangle handguards.  The upper-lower fit has alot of side to side play and slop.  It came with an accuwedge installed.  bolt has no markings and the gas key is staked with 3 (triangle pattern indentions on each of the 2 screws on the carrier).

my first guess was it might be a canadian C7 upper receiver parts build, but without the indentions (relief cut outs?) on the rear of the carrying handle, it doesnt look right?    

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Canadian C7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7_rifle

ETA: Just saw you already thought of that

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Could be a Bushmaster upper?  Colt barrel, its a Frankengun
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like an Olympic Arms Plinker upper receiver with a Colt barrel.

Also, look again at the barrel. I'm willing to bet that it's marked "C MP CHROME BORE" instead of "CM P Chrome Lined".
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://pictures.gunauction.com/1750144520/10620615/DSC_22632.JPG

Also, look again at the barrel. I'm willing to bet that it's marked "C MP CHROME BORE" instead of "CM P Chrome Lined".

Thanks, thats it!  Much of the finish on the receiver has bee stripped down to what looks likes parkerizing.  Friend wont be too stoked, as it was represented to him as a "colt" upper on a bushmaster lower.  The guy he traded with got a much better deal (Springfield Armory M-1 garand 177XXX serial range, with alot of original to the 1942 era parts on it.  The parts that didnt match that I checked were 1944 era parts.)  Thanks for taking the time to respond and post the picture.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://pictures.gunauction.com/1750144520/10620615/DSC_22632.JPG

Thanks, thats it!  Much of the finish on the receiver has bee stripped down to what looks likes parkerizing.  Friend wont be too stoked, as it was represented to him as a "colt" upper on a bushmaster lower.  The guy he traded with got a much better deal (Springfield Armory M-1 garand 177XXX serial range, with alot of original to the 1942 era parts on it.  The parts that didnt match that I checked were 1944 era parts.)  Thanks for taking the time to respond and post the picture.

Your friend should have checked with arfcom first  He got hosed.

The receiver isn't "stripped", that's just how some anodizing looks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:53:30 AM EDT
[#6]
You're welcome.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#7]
He should have kept the M1 with CMP stocks dwindling that was probably easy a $650 to $800 rifle he got rid of for the AR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top