Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2011 10:01:00 AM EDT
Just came across the Hiperfire website explaining their AR trigger - looks like nothing I've ever seen before.

Thoughts
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting but I am not going to be the first to try one, not at that price.  My half the price WOA tuned RR NM two-stages have me completely happy with 100% reliability with full strength hammer and trigger springs and 3.5 pound pulls, so unless this trigger can give me something I don't have in my current two dozen triggers, I don't see the need to change anything.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks very interesting but I would have to test it to know if it really was as smooth and crisp as some of the other high end AR triggers.  I have a Rock River match trigger, a Geiselle high speed match (adjustable)  a Jard adjustable, and an ATS Gold adjustable trigger.  Each of them has good and bad points but my general feeling, as a shooter and engineer, is that a single stage trigger is not a good idea in an AR (or any semi auto), if light short pull is the goal.  The Rock River match trigger is the bargain of the bunch.  All of these match triggers work differently than the stock AR trigger, and I agree with the video that attempting to modify a stock AR trigger to get it to work as well as a good aftermarket trigger is an excercise in futility.  The stock AR trigger geometry just doesn't lend itself to light crisp pull, at least not without serious safety issues.

The Rock River is the bargain of the bunch.  It works well and safely, has a nice break and much less creep than stock.  The Jard sacrifices lock time for light pull, but it does feel nice.  The Geiselle is very nice in every way, and has a lock time that is supposedly 1/2 of stock (never testethe lock time myself).  The American Trigger Systems Gold is a new trigger system, and is the only one of my triggers that is a self contrianed unit (I believe Timney is also self contained).  The idea is that by making the trigger self contained you can take receiver variations out of the equation.  In reality I have never had an issue with receiver tolerances being an issue with any of my triggers, but I tend to use a lot of new receivers. In addition, I believe every trigger but the Jard, comes with slightly oversized trigger and hammer pins so that the play in the receiver pins is virtually zero.  With the exception of my Rock River Match trigger all are adjustable, so any variation in receiver dimensions can be adjusted for (though this obviously makes installation more time consuming.  I have installed 2 Rock River triggers and have never had any issues with receiver dimensions causing any problems, but I guess it could happen.  Essentially every one of these triggers have been drop in units, only requiring removing and replacing the 2 trigger group pins.  The one exception was the Jard unit, which requires tapping the pistol grip screw hole fully through the receiver (some receivers already have been tapped through), and must be adjusted for each rifle it is installed on.  Geiselle recommends checking their adjustments but in my experience no adjustments were required.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top