Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2011 4:05:52 PM EDT
I'm looking at some of their stuff, specifically the 264 LBC barrel.
Does anyone own anything of theirs? How is it?
I wish the barrel was 20" with a rifle length gas system, but for the price I guess I can sacrifice 2" as long as it's 3/4 MOA (or better) capable stuff.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say I've ever heard of them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard of them either, but those linear compensators look like something I'd like to try.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Friend of mine has their 264 upper.  He likes it *.   I don't know how the accuracy is (he's basically shooting Wolf 6.5 Grendal ammo to get it on paper and get brass for working up reloads at this time), but I liked the looks of it.  I'd been looking for an 18" 5.56 upper, so Kies is building me one with their quad rail free float forearm and adjustable gas block.  They're giving me a 10% discount since I am retired military and have a farm.  $700 shipped.  With the standard free float round hand guard it would have been less $.

* He started having some failures to extract.  Kies told him to remove the extractor and make sure all was cleaned.  He did, and now the functioning is fine.  Their compensator seems to throw the sound towards the front and not to the side, so it's more pleasant to be shooting next to compared to his 16" 5.56 upper with A2 flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
I've been trying to get them by email and phone. No luck.
I saw on another board they have/had Green Mountain making their barrels.
If anyone else has some experience with these people, please chime in.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

that will be a clue then.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking (hoping) theyre at camp perry or something.
It would have been a good idea to leave a message on their machine indicating theyre off or at perry or whatever. Or on the site.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

that will be a clue then.

Yup, if you can't reach them now you'll never reach them if you have problems.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Never heard of them. Are they offering something new & spectular to the AR community?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not a Kies fanboy (yet...gotta get my upper and shoot it).  That having been said, a few weeks ago when my friend had the extraction trouble, he called them and left a message on a Sunday.  They called him back Monday morning.  I did get an email from Kies July 28th that said, "I have been in the process of moving houses" and that he wanted a number he could call me at so we could discuss my upper request.  He (Travis) called me, and we made the final arrangements.  

So hopefully those of you who left messages will get replies.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:42:52 AM EDT
[#10]
nope but i ordered the KIES Billet Freefloat Forearm this morning to replace the standard handguards on my Spikes 5.45 Upper
didnt get the optional end-cap as I wasnt sure if they fit on f-marked FSB uppers
will post pics when i get a chance to install it
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never heard of them either, but those linear compensators look like something I'd like to try.

http://www.kiesfirearms.com/images/muzzle_break.jpg

Nice option. $20 cheaper than the Troy Claymore brake.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

Normally responses are responded to within a day or so based in our experience. They are a relatively small shop at the moment so reaching someone is similar to many small "custom" shops.

What did you have questions regarding? Feel free to contact us if you have questions we can answer. Their uppers are hand trued/lapped and guaranteed 1" accuracy capable.

I know there has been talks of coming out with ~22" barrels in some calibers such as 204, 264LBC-AR, etc to get a bit more velocity and go with a longer gas system.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#13]
They called me today.
Travis was really nice and explained how he's in the middle of a move, so this explains the delay.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

i wasnt sure if the KIES endcap for the KIES billet forearm that I ordered would work on fixed fsb upper, so i emailed them late last night and got a response today

"It should be just fine with any FSB."
Thanks
Travis

so email wasnt an issue
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#15]
KIES Billet forearm on a Spikes 5.45x39mm upper
the one thing the armorer did say was he couldnt guarantee the forearm wouldnt come loose as the -forearm retainer ring- clamps to the -barrel nut- by 4 small hex screws (2screws can be seen below). hoping this wont be an issue

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Like I wrote in the other thread about kies...

Their rail is a complete ripoff from YHM.

Seem familiar?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]

like i said in the other thread... no it isnt a ripoff, they are nothing alike, not even when one squints can you make them look in any way, shape or form look similar.
yes the endcap is very similar, but how many ways can one cut weight from an endcap, yes they could have done triangles/diamonds etc instead of circle holes, but then the cost of manufacturing goes up, and likely makes it too expensive
why are you trying, in vain might i add, to discredit them ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Seeing as this has come up a couple of times, our Delta rails have very little in common with YHM rails. Ours uses a completely different method of attachment then YHM, Also if you look at the cut out design, it is different from YHM rails, Yes the endcap is basically the same, but there is a limit on how many ways you can lighten up a round disk, boring additional holes in it is the most logical, and yes our endcaps will inter change with YHM, this is so that you can use what ever end cap will fit your barrel diameter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top