Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2011 12:11:46 PM EDT
Thought I'd give a shot at coloring in some things on my AR. I think it came out pretty good. Tried a couple things trying to see what I liked as you will see.

I used Testor's model paint, Testor's paint thinner, very fine paint brushes, Q-tips, and a Xacto knife.

The paint did leave some haze after rubbing off the excess. Will try some break cleaner tomorrow to see if that fully removes it.

I think I at the end, perfected my method in order to avoid any hazing and making a huge mess.

My point and shoot camera is on it's last legs and produced horrible pics, so cell phone pics will have to do for now till I get my DSLR soon.

Also played with my Ruger p944:

Used a metalic brass color, which was a PAIN IN THE *** to clean up!

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Here was a pic I forgot to add. It was the same metalic brass color. I liked the look, but again, the metalic paint was a B1TCH to work with and wasn't coming out clean :(

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmm... That's not retro!  Certainly not an Armalite as Stoner intended.  I need to wash my eyes out!  Guess I am just an old fart.  BTW, wrong board on AR15.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmm... That's not retro!  Certainly not an Armalite as Stoner intended.  I need to wash my eyes out!  Guess I am just an old fart.  BTW, wrong board on AR15.com

Ooops! Clicked the wrong section! Mods, please delete
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top