Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2011 6:45:51 PM EDT
What happen to the post I had on here?
It appears to have vanished. I received my flash hider and wanted to add pictures.
Funny thing is, I look in my posting history and it doesn't show up there either.
Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I just searched and it's not showing up. I'm not sure why, but it seems like it was deleted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just searched through here and the archives.  This is your only post that shows up.  Looks like your 10 previous posts were lost to cyberspace.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank's.
3/19, I started a thread about cutting down a barrel.
That's the only one besides this one that comes up.

I think it's a conspiracy. No one likes the Micor flash hiders
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Post photos of the extended length flash suppressor please.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are some photos of the Micor 1/7 extended flash hider. It is 2.208" in length. I put it next to a Surefire, 3.79" long and a A2 flash hider for comparision.
Hopefully I get my barrel sent off this weekend to have it mounted.

BIG EDIT, my pictures won't post. Give me time. I'll get them up.

OKAY, So where do I find the instructions for posting pictures?
I am using photobucket.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Copy the link location of the photo and use the insert tag buttons below where you type your post reply.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I was told the overall length of the Micor Extended is 2.208. I don't have a micrometer with me now, but that should legally bring it up to legal length if using a crush washer, or shim kit, I would think.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Of what purpose is the notch in the rim of the Micor?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

According to Micor's web site, the flash hiders are compatible with certain supressors, I believe the notch is for mounting
KAC quick detach flash hiders. the notch is similar to the one found on the KAC flash hiders.

RBMIII

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was told the overall length of the Micor Extended is 2.208. I don't have a micrometer with me now, but that should legally bring it up to legal length if using a crush washer, or shim kit, I would think.

I did a dry fit with a gap comparable to the thickness of a installed crush washer, and it measures just over 16".

RBMIII
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Micor's web site, the flash hiders are compatible with certain supressors, I believe the notch is for mounting
KAC quick detach flash hiders. the notch is similar to the one found on the KAC flash hiders.

RBMIII

I spoke with Gordon at Micor today and they will fit the M4QD/NT4.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I spoke with Gordon at Micor today and they will fit the M4QD/NT4.[/quote]

Sorry, biffed your quote, I didn't want to quote the whole post.

So, are you thinking of getting one?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Already have two coming my way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool,

The melanite finish is pretty nice on mine. The pictures aren't that great.
I really like, you'll feel like it is Christmas openning the packaging
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this the standard Micor or have the released a new extended version?  

The standard is 2.008" according to Micor.  This is, however, long enought to make a 14.5" a legal 16" when permanently attached.  For comparison, the extended A2s from Bravo Company are just a hair over 2" as well.  Outside diameter of the Micor is .864" so they should also be compatible with the Gem-tech Halo in addition to the KAC QD.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is this the standard Micor or have the released a new extended version?  

The standard is 2.008" according to Micor.  This is, however, long enought to make a 14.5" a legal 16" when permanently attached.  For comparison, the extended A2s from Bravo Company are just a hair over 2" as well.  Outside diameter of the Micor is .864" so they should also be compatible with the Gem-tech Halo in addition to the KAC QD.

This is a new extended model, 2.208" in length.
I don't know about compatability with HALO's, due to the length.
They offer them in 1-7, 1-8, and 1-9 twist rates and also offer them for other calibers.

Micor Industries web site: www.micorind.com
Micor's web store:  www.micordefense.com
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Well cool!  I've got one of the regular 1/7s, it's a very nice flash suppressor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top