Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2010 6:11:30 AM EDT
How close are these colors?  Any pics?

I am wondering how a Troy TRX extreme in FD would look with Magpul FDE stock/grip/mags.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in the answer as well. I'm about to order a Troy Dark Earth rail Monday. If noone posts any pics by the time I get it installed, I'll take a few with the rail and some FDE P-Mags and XTM panels.

ETA: I haven't made it through the entire FDE AR's Pic Thread, but there may be an answer in HERE.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak for the rails but the BUIS and FVG match pretty closely to magpul FDE once the plastic gets oxidized and get a lot of sun, it will look pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]

The colors aren't really noticeably different unless you are paying attention...

The above (not below) are mine and could possibly be yours if you do a search in the EE

Link Posted: 10/30/2010 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy FDE is a lot lighter than Magpul's FDE. Troy is almost a light tan color, not FDE at all IMO. But sorry, no pics. I have owned a Troy rail and of course Magpul FDE stuff. Not remotely close.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure about the rail but my Troy fixed buis doesn't match my magpul grip. It works for me but the buis won't draw your eye as much as the rai. Sorry but the pics I have suck and don't really show the color difference
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top