Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2010 4:58:57 PM EDT
Hello, I searched several of the main suppliers. I can't find a 20" HBAR chrome lined barrel without the FSP, can anyone help me out? Or is it just easier to buy a barrel with it on and take the FSP off myself? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
DSG has an Armalite 20" with a gas block.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
ArmaLite
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello, I searched several of the main suppliers. I can't find a 20" HBAR chrome lined barrel without the FSP, can anyone help me out? Or is it just easier to buy a barrel with it on and take the FSP off myself? Thanks in advance.

BCM Stripped Barrel

BCM 20" Govt Profile Cr Lined Barrel sans FSB

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCM Stripped Barrel

he said hbar not govt profile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCM Stripped Barrel

took a speed reading course once....and crashed

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCM Stripped Barrel

That is OK, I'm thinking I have very few choices anyways.  Thanks for all the help fellas, I appreciate it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCM Stripped Barrel

shit, thats funny!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
jse surplus in the ee has yhm barrels, no complaints with mine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, I'm getting off the original topic some, but I started the post, so I hope I have the right to change it  

What I'm wanting is a A4 flat top upper so I can put a scope on it.  Once the scope is on, I'm thinking the FSP will be in the way, correct?  I'm wanting to have BUIS also for backup.  My training in the Army always tells me to put my nose to the charging handle, will I be able to do that while looking through a scope, or will it be raised too high?  Any comments or opinions are more than welcome and appreciated.

If the FSP is in the way, I think I seen a thread on how to remove it, inwhich then I will put the front BUIS on the gas block, does this sound normal?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
the fsb will not be seen in the scope....at least above 4x (maybe lower).  to shoot ntch with glass you will need an offset scope mount like the LaRue LT104....and the height will be just fine
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
jse surplus in the ee has yhm barrels, no complaints with mine.

yes, thank you.  Looks like YHM has what I'm looking for.  I appreciate it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top